Almost every PC user has ever worked with browser bookmarks. These components help you quickly navigate to interesting saved pages, which greatly simplifies life. But when you reinstall the browser or operating system, the bookmarks disappear. This can happen for other reasons as well. Therefore, each user should be aware of the restoration of interesting pages in browsers. Below we will talk about how to restore bookmarks in Google Chrome. What secrets will help you quickly find and go to an interesting page on the Internet?
Briefly about the solution of the problem
Thinking about the implementation of the task, you should pay attention to the fact that there are several solutions to the problem. It all depends on the circumstances and on the desire of the user.
How to restore bookmarks in "Google Chrome"? Can:
- return visual bookmarks;
- use the import and export of bookmarks;
- copy bookmark file manually;
- open current session tabs;
- finddesired pages in history.
In fact, everything is extremely simple and clear. All of these tricks will be discussed below!
How to restore bookmarks in "Google Chrome"? It is best to use browser synchronization with Google mail. In this case, when you log in from any PC, all saved bookmarks will be copied automatically.
To bring the idea to life you will need:
- Go to Google Chrome.
- In the upper right corner, click on the button with the image of a man (leftmost).
- Enter the data from the mail to "Google" in the window that appears.
During the first synchronization, you will be offered a list of data that can be linked to the profile. By checking the box next to "Bookmark", the user will solve the problem under study. All that remains now is to bookmark interesting pages, and then, if necessary, log in to the browser from the selected profile.
How to restore bookmarks in "Google Chrome"? The following trick will help solve the problem of keeping interesting pages even after deleting the browser. But this technique must be used in advance.
Google Chrome has a special setting that allows you to import and export bookmarks. This is what we need!
The guide to keeping interesting pages looks like this:
- Go to the Internet browser.
- Click in the upper right corner of the page on the button with 3dots (or horizontal lines).
- In the menu that appears, go to "Bookmarks", then to "Bookmark Manager".
- Press the "Organize" button.
- Select "Import to html…".
- Specify the location where you want to save the file with bookmarks.
- Name the document.
- Click on "Save".
This trick saves all bookmarks in the program to a separate file. It can be used in the future. For example, if a person deleted "Google Chrome". How to restore bookmarks?
In this case you will need:
- Go to "Settings", "Bookmarks" and "Bookmark Manager". The transition is done in Chrome.
- Click on "Control".
- Select "Export from html".
- Find and specify the path to previously copied bookmarks.
- Confirm action.
A few seconds after submitting the request, the user will be able to enjoy the restored pages.
Some are wondering how to restore visual bookmarks in Google Chrome. This question doesn't come up that often, but it's still useful to answer.
This will require:
- Click on the "Add Bookmark" button.
- Find the desired page and select it.
- Click on "Add".
A special extension is responsible for visual bookmarks. To restore it, you needgo to the google store. The corresponding application is downloaded and installed, after which the service starts working.
Search on PC
How to restore Google Chrome bookmarks? You can find a file with interesting pages on your PC. This document is saved somewhere else in the OS, after which, if necessary, it is inserted in a specific path.
Chrome bookmarks are stored at: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. We need the Bookmarks file. It is copied to the PC, and then transferred to the specified path at the right time.
By the way, if you right-click on it and select "Restore previous version", you will be able to restore previously saved bookmarks.
Now a few words about how to work with the restoration of bookmarks (tabs) in the current session.
You can act like this:
- Open browser settings and go to "History". By clicking on the page of interest, the user will go to it.
- Go to the main browser menu. Click on "History" - "Recently closed". Select the desired page.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + T on your keyboard. Tabs will open in reverse order.
Done! From now on, it is clear how to restore bookmarks in Google Chrome in one case or another. Even a novice user can do this.