Quite a few smartphone owners are wondering: is it possible to rename an application on Android? This desire may arise for a number of reasons. The fact is that software developers prefer to give their products sonorous and easily recognizable names, and there are not so many of the latter in every area. Hence the lack of uniqueness.
Take the same "Yandex" with "Google". Neither the first nor the second bother with names and call the applications as they are: “Music”, “Maps”, “Browser”, etc. As a result, chaos starts to happen on your desktop from different programs with the same name.
How to change the name of programs?
Standard firmware of the platform, alas, does not allow you to rename the names of applications on Android, so you have to turn to third-party solutions. There are not so few of them, so many are experiencing serious difficulties in choosing the best option.
We will try to identify the most effective solutions that will allow you to rename the application on Android without any problems. Consider the featureseach method and possible difficulties. So let's get started.
You can rename an application on Android using third-party shells, or, as they are also called, launchers. Google Play has plenty of this kind of software, but two products in particular are the Nova Launcher and Apex Launcher.
Both shells equally effectively allow you to rename the application on Android. Downloading and installing shouldn't be a problem. The installation takes place in the normal mode for the platform.
To change the name of the program, you must:
- Click on the program shortcut and hold your finger until a pop-up menu appears.
- From the list that appears, select "Edit" ("Change"/Edit).
- In the dialog box, click on the old name and type in the new one.
- Click on the "Done" button ("Accept"/Done).
This way you can rename the application on Android in both Nova Launcher and Apex Launcher. In some versions of the shells, the names of the items may change, but the process itself remains the same.
This is a free product, with which you can also change the name of the application to any other. You can find it on the same Google Play or on the official website of the developer. Installation shouldn't be a problem.
During the installation of the application, you mustagree to grant rights to edit filenames. Otherwise, the platform will "resist" the actions of the program.
The utility itself has a wide range of capabilities, but we are interested in the function of renaming applications.
To change names, follow the steps below:
- Start the utility and agree to scan the internal drive (about 15 seconds).
- Go to the Applications section and find what you need in the list.
- Open it and click on Change label.
- In the pop-up window, enter a new application name and click OK.
- Next, click on "Create" (Create).
You now have the old app with a new name on your desktop. It is also worth noting that if you remove the utility, then all changes will be saved.
Another multi-module utility aimed at configuring the platform. Again, we are only interested in renaming programs, and we will omit the review of other possibilities. It is worth noting right away that administrator rights (Root) are required for the correct operation of the utility. The installation of the program takes place in the normal mode for the platform.
To change the name of the application, you must:
- Launch Xposed, go to the "Download" section and click on the xRenamer module icon.
- In the "Modules" section, find the running component and activate it.
- After the phone will reboot and the xRenamer shortcut will appear on the desktop.
- After launching the module, a list of all shortcuts and applications will appear.
- Select the one you need and rename it with a double tap.
This method is somewhat confusing, so it's worth trying the previous two options first.