Windows 10 operating system is a universal operating system that has a bunch of built-in options. And many users do not even know about them. And when they accidentally turn on a feature (for example, using hotkeys), they don't know how to turn it off. Now we will talk about how to disable tablet mode in Windows 10. And along the way, we will explain what kind of mode it is and what it is for.
What is tablet mode?
The so-called tablet mode in "Windows 10" appeared in version 8.1. But only in the "ten" he began to work fully. This option allows you to adapt the Windows interface for touch screens. Enabling this feature changes the interface of the operating system. It becomes larger in order to make it easier to hit its individual elements with your finger. Also a littlethe menu of the operating system is modified. This is what tablet mode means on Windows 10. When it turns on unexpectedly, the user does not know what to do and how to be. After all, he is not used to such an interface. Therefore, he is looking for all the possibilities to disable this mode. There are several ways to solve this problem. But more on that later.
Why is this mode needed?
Tablet mode is also called Continuum. This spectacular name was invented by marketers from Microsoft. They wanted to emphasize the so-called universality of the "ten" by introducing this mode. But for some reason this mode is not very popular. Probably because most devices with Windows 10 on board do not have a touch screen, or maybe because when you switch to this very mode, the interface starts to glitch and slow down. In general, this mode is not needed by the desktop operating system. And therefore, the user is actively looking for an answer to the question of how to disable tablet mode in Windows 10. And now we will tell you how to do it.
Options for solving the problem
At the moment there are several options for solving the problem. They differ in the degree of complexity and the number of steps required in order to exit tablet mode in Windows 10. But almost all methods are effective. They help to solve the problem and return the computer desktop to its usual form. Here are the ways:
- Switch tonotification center. Windows 10 has an updated notification center. And it has tiles to enable or disable certain functions of the operating system. There you can also find a button to switch to tablet mode or turn it off.
- Menu "Parameters". It saves in those situations if there are no switching tiles in the notification center for some reason. But the number of actions to turn off this mode is greatly increased.
So there are two ways to solve the problem. And now we will analyze both in detail. If you find the right tile in the notification center, then consider yourself lucky. And if not, then you have to work a little before removing tablet mode on Windows 10. So, let's look at the first option.
Disable the mode using the notification center
This method is very simple and requires a minimum of actions from the user. That is why it is recommended to almost all beginners. It is built on the capabilities of the "dozens" notification center. So, how to disable tablet mode in Windows 10 using this method? Very simple. Here are the instructions for this process:
- Click on the notification center icon. It is located in the lower right corner of the screen, next to the clock and date.
- As soon as it opens, we begin to study the quick access tiles located in it. We are looking for the one that says "Tablet mode". If it is not there, then click on the inscription "Expand". itaction will open the entire list of tiles.
- Then click on the tile that says "Tablet Mode" and it turns off.
That's it. Now the Windows 10 interface has returned to its original form. As you can see, there is nothing particularly complicated about this. But it also happens that the desired tile is not in the notification center. How to be in this case? If this is true, then it's time to move on to the second way to solve the problem. It is a little more complicated, but more effective.
Disable tablet mode using the Options component
This method is good because it allows you to turn off the notorious mode with a 100% guarantee. But for this you will have to travel a little through the settings of the "tens". However, even this option is extremely simple. So, how to disable tablet mode in Windows 10 using the operating system settings? Pretty simple. Here is a detailed instruction on this matter:
- Open the "Start" menu and look for the gear icon on the left side. We click on it. Calling the settings window, by the way, can be even easier. To do this, just hold down the combination Win + I on the keyboard. It will launch the desired window.
- Next, in the window that appears, click on the "System" item.
- Then you need to select "Notifications and actions" in the left column and click on it.
- Then in the "Quick Actions" section, click on the button that says "Add or removequick action".
- A list will appear with tiles located in the notification center. Scroll it down and look for the item "Tablet mode".
- Move the slider next to the "On" position.
- Close the settings window.
And now it remains only to disable the tablet mode using the method described in the previous chapter. As you can see, everything is quite simple. But you need to know exactly where the required settings are located. Then there will be no problems.
So, above we tried to answer the question of how to turn off tablet mode in Windows 10. It's not that difficult to do. You just need to act in strict accordance with the instructions. Then you will definitely succeed.