Fans of modern computer games running on Steam, who use the BattlEye anti-cheat service (a kind of protection system against the use of cheat codes to simplify the passage of games at different stages in order to gain an advantage over rivals), very often encounter a problem the fact that the game does not start, and instead of starting it, a BattlEye Initialization Failed error is issued. How to fix this situation, then we will figure it out. However, first of all, let's dwell on the exact reasons for this failure, and only after they are clarified, we will deal with the elimination of possible problems.
Reason for the error
So, the appearance of this failure, even many experienced gamers and specialists in the field of Steam settings, can not always be immediately detected. However, as the mainThe most commonly encountered problems usually stand out for the following reasons:
- blocking the service by regular antivirus or built-in Windows protection;
- damage to important game components;
- deprecation of the anti-cheat client library.
Of course, these are not all possible situations, but, as practice shows, they are the most common, and often measures taken to eliminate the root causes help to correct the situation as a whole.
How to fix BattlEye Initialization Failed error: antivirus actions
As the simplest solution, we can suggest checking if the components of this service are blocked by the installed anti-virus software or Windows Defender itself. How to fix BattlEye Initialization Failed? Apparently, many have guessed that the solution suggests itself. Just disable your stock antivirus and try restarting the game.
I must say that not all antiviruses have this problem. Unfortunately, it is most often encountered by those users who have installed Avira and AVG antiviruses. In the absence of standard software, the service, as mentioned above, can be blocked by the "Defender" of the system. Let's assume that after deactivating the protection, the error disappeared. But you won't leave your computer without an antivirus?
To further questions about how to fix BattlEye Initialization Failed, no morearose, it is strongly recommended to either change the indicated antiviruses to software that is more “loyal” to the service, or add the BEService_x64 EXE file to the list of antivirus exclusions (any of all known ones), which is usually located in the Common Files directory, nested in the directory with program files Program Files (x86) or located in the folder BattlEye nested in the main game directory.
How to fix BattlEye Initialization Failed in Dayz Standalone: Checking integrity of game components
Since one of the causes of this failure may be damage to the components of installed games, it is recommended to check their integrity. If we talk about how to fix BattlEye Initialization Failed in Dayz or any other game using Steam as an example, you need to follow these steps:
- through the RMB menu on the game in the library, call the game properties section;
- having moved to the local files tab, click the integrity check button and wait for the process to complete.
It is very possible that some damaged objects will be loaded into the library again and the error that followed you around will not appear again.
Anti-cheat library actions
Now let's figure out how to fix BattlEye Initialization Failed by doing a few simple steps with the anti-cheat dynamic library. The appearance of this error through her fault is usually associated with the fact that when you start the game, the service simply cannot download from the siteupdated anti-cheat file. If this happens all the time, the easiest way is to visit the official website of the developer (battleye.com), in the download section, find a link to the BEClient.dll file for the game you are having problems with and download it to your computer.
After that, copies of the library must be placed in three BattlEye folders of the same name, which are located in different places:
- one - in the root directory with the installed game;
- the second one is in the Expansion directory, nested in the main folder with the game;
- the third one is in the game directory nested in the hidden directory %localappdata%.
Complete reinstallation of the game
Finally, if none of the above methods gave a positive result, as the latest and most cardinal solution, we can advise you to perform a complete reinstallation of the game, which constantly has problems. But it is worth considering several important nuances. The procedure is as follows:
- call the standard "Task Manager" and end the main process of the BattlEye service in it;
- in the directory with the problematic game, find the BattlEye directory and delete all contents from it, except for the installer (either BAT format or EXE format);
- go to the Common Files folder and clean up the service directory in the same way, deleting everything that is there;
- run the command console as an administrator and run the command sc delete BEService;
- do a full restart of your computer orlaptop;
- reinstall the game using the installer that was left in the directory with the deleted game.
Hopefully the above solutions will help most users get rid of this problem. However, one cannot exclude the option that it may be necessary to reinstall the entire Steam platform. Its damage can be detected quite simply. This will be immediately evident by the fact that either absolutely all installed games do not start, or it does not start at all.
But such cases are rare. As for the most acceptable solution, based on the feedback from gamers and experts, it is best to immediately update the library file, since it is precisely due to its obsolescence and, as a result, the inability to download protection components from the Internet that the initialization of the start of the main service fails.