Quite often, computers use Windows 7 startup recovery after errors that have occurred. This may or may not be good for your operating system. Today we will talk about how to manage System Startup Recovery.
What is recovery tool
Windows 7 Startup Repair Tool restores the OS. It can fix a number of issues that prevent Windows from working properly. At the same time, this process starts scanning the computer, thereby determining the presence of problems and errors, trying to eliminate them and ensure the correct and efficient operation of your "iron friend". By default, every Windows operating system has the Automatic System Restore option enabled. You can turn it off if you wish. But without special knowledge of your own computer, you do not need to do such manipulations - let the machine be checked, restored and functioning in a normal way. Although there are times when restoring the launch of Windows 7 is long and annoying. This is already a signal to think about checking"gland". Of course, Windows 7 startup repair does not give a 100% guarantee that the system will work correctly - there are such errors that recovery tools cannot handle. We will talk about them further.
What recovery tools can't handle
Windows 7 Startup Repair cannot fix some problems. As a rule, system files that have been damaged, deleted or not installed at all are subject to recovery. Not capable of more recovery. For example, it cannot fix a hardware failure such as a hard drive or memory incompatibility. Also, Windows 7 Startup Repair cannot protect your computer from viruses.
Restoring will not help with system installation problems either. So, if the operating system initially got up “crooked”, then there will be no sense in the recovery tools. Personal files (photos/videos/documents) cannot be returned or "repaired". In order to save your data, you need to do archiving.
If recovery fails
In order to solve problems that System Restore cannot fix, you need to find the problem. In any case, you will see a summary of the error and some documentation on the screen. In this way, it will be possible to understand what is the matter and take appropriate measures. As a rule, if recovery does not help, then you need to “fix the hardware” or reinstall Windows.
Restoring the bootloader manually
There are severalways: restore the Windows 7 bootloader manually, using programs, automatically and using a system rollback. Now we will talk about how to “manually” restore the system.
In order to answer the question: "Windows 7 bootloader recovery - what to do for manual recovery?", you need to be patient and, of course, the Windows 7 boot disk. Now let's proceed directly to the recovery process.
- Set your BIOS settings so that your floppy drive is in the first boot and read position.
- Insert the Windows 7 installation disc into your computer and restart your device.
- You will see the now familiar system reinstall window. At the bottom left you will see System Restore. Click on this button.
- After that, the "System Recovery Options" window will pop up in front of you. Select the one you want to restore, click "Next".
- Next, select "System Startup Repair" - "command line".
- Write in the window that opens: "bootrec.exe".
With the manual recovery method, after the last step, you will see a window with the so-called keys. They explain how the Windows 7 system recovery will be carried out. Now we will see which keys are responsible for what.
FixMbr - Writes a Windows 7 compatible MBR to the system partition. This option is used when the master boot records are corrupted or need to be removed from it.non-standard codes. The existing partition table is not overwritten. Windows 7 Startup Repair can be annoying for a long time because of these entries, but with FixMbr you will get rid of the problem once and for all.
FixBoot - a new boot sector compatible with your operating system is written to the system partition. Use this key when:
- replacement of the boot sector with non-standard options;
- boot sector damage;
- if a previous version of Windows was running.
After you select the desired Windows 7 startup repair tool, type it in and press Enter. Wait for the process to complete. Done - the Windows 7 bootloader is working again and restoring the system. This will boot up, the system startup recovery will be in good condition.
In order to “return” the system startup, you can use various Windows programs, the restoration of Windows 7 startup will be carried out almost automatically. This method is perfect when the original Windows disc is not at hand. What programs can restore?
Heren's Boot CD
As a rule, the salvation in the absence of the original Windows 7 disk will be the so-called liveCD, which can be burned anywhere: even to a disk, even to a USB flash drive. There are many such programs. The easiest and most convenient way is to use Hiren's Boot CD. This disc is verythere are many different Windows recovery utilities, but today we will talk about the most convenient and common ones. Before you get started, you need to burn a liveCD, and then boot it through the BIOS. When this is done, it will be possible to proceed to the next steps.
Option 1 - Paragon HD Manager
One of the most popular system recovery utilities is Paragon Hard Disk Manager. In order to restore the Windows 7 system through it, you must:
- Select "DOS Programs" - disk partitioning - Paragon Hard Disk Manager.
- In the "Wizards" menu item, select "Windows Boot Repair".
- In the window that opens, select "Search for installed copies of Windows".
- Select "Change partition boot record" and click "Next".
- Wait for the process to complete. After that, the program will overwrite the bootloader. Click the Done button. You can use Windows 7 again without any problems.
Option 2 – MBRFix
Another convenient, fast and popular system recovery utility is MBRFix. It differs little from the previous one. Except your desire. In order for Windows 7 system recovery to go, you won’t have to wait long. Just follow these steps:
- Select "mini Windows XP" when starting the liveCD.
- In the menu that opens, find and select "Partition/Boot/MBR" - "Commandline" - "MBRFix".
- To restore the bootloader, enter the following entry:MBRFix.exe /drive 0 fixmbr /win7 /yes.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart your computer.
Recovery using the command line. This is another good and high-quality way to restore the system. In order to use the command line as a Windows 7 recovery tool, you need:
- Start safe mode on your computer. Be sure to select the option with command line support.
- Log in.
- Type rstrui.exe on the command line.
- Press Enter and wait for the processes to complete.
It is possible to disable System Startup Restore using Windows 7. In order to disable the annoying recovery of Windows 7 when you start your computer, you need to:
- Go to "Start" - "Control Panel" - "System" - "System Protection".
- Find the Properties window and open the System Protection tab.
- In the "Protection Options" find and select the drive on which you want to disable System Restore, click "Configure".
- In "System protection for …" in "Settings" check the box "Disable system protection".
- Press OK. In such simple and quick ways, you can carry out various manipulations with system recovery. Do not forget that restoring Windows 7 can be done using a system rollback. In this case, your personal data will not be damaged. It is possible to rollback the system only if it can start itself, that is, if it always happensenabling Windows 7 bootloader recovery, which checks for errors all the time, but the operating system still works fine. It will be necessary to “roll back” the OS to the date when there were no problems. Windows is restored using the standard set included in the package. But if your computer was really prone to some kind of unpleasant errors, then some problems may occur in the process that will not particularly affect the quality of the system - it will simply be unusual and uncomfortable for you to work at the computer. The most common problem is the disappearance of the language bar in the system.
Language bar and recovery
The language bar is something that is visible and familiar to everyone. As a rule, there is a panel on the toolbar that shows the keyboard layout and allows you to switch it. Sometimes it happens that she disappears. Then it becomes necessary to restore the launch and operation of the language bar in Windows 7. The easiest way is to turn to the built-in recovery tools. It is rather difficult to judge why exactly you have and for what reasons the language panel “covered up”, since there can be a huge number of them. However, everything is easy and simple to fix. Let's start fixing the problem with this panel. There are two methods here.
Method 1 - "folk"
- Press Win+r and run intl.cpl. You can also use: "Start" - "Control Panel" - "Regional and Language Options".
- Go to Languages and Keyboards.
- Open the Change Keyboard menu.
- Next, you need to select the language bar in the "Languages and text input services" box.
- Check "Pinned to taskbar" and "Show test labels in language bar".
- Next you need to accept the changes and click on OK.
The language bar should now appear.
Method 2 - "advanced"
- Press Win+R and type regedit.
- Find the tab in the registry:
3. Check CTFMon for the appropriate "program". If it doesn't exist, create it.
4. Right click Run and "create string parameter".
5. Name CTFMon and by right-clicking on it, click on "change".
6. Write: "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe".
7. Click OK.
The language bar will fall into place, allotted by Windows 7. Which way to return the bar to its place is right for you - decide for yourself. It all depends on your skills and desires. But do not forget that the computer can be "repaired" to such an extent that in the end it will stop working altogether. Be careful with system files. Well, if you have several computers - on one of them you can always see how to fix this or that error that has occurred in the system.
In extreme cases, only a complete reinstallation of the system without saving data saves.
It is carried out using Windows installation discs. Before you completely "demolish" the system, make sure that all recovery methods do not work. If there is no more way out - insert the disk into the drive, configure the BIOS to boot from the disk and get to work. Very often, bootloader problems can cause problems with installing a new version of Windows or with timeouts. Try to carefully read everything that the installer writes. Be patient - any computer requires proper, often very painstaking care.
Such simple methods can put your system in order. Restoring the Windows 7 startup system and language bar is not that difficult. If you doubt whether you can do everything right on your own, call the master. He will definitely be able to tell you the right and high-quality way to correct the errors that have arisen. Try to carry out all the necessary manipulations to protect and scan your computer on time and regularly. Happy repair!