Bookmarks are a browser control element used by many users. These are saved pages in the Internet browser. With their help, users can make quick transitions to certain web services. Sometimes you have to think about how to restore bookmarks. This is not always possible. Therefore, we will further consider all possible scenarios for the development of events. Let's study the algorithms of actions on the example of the most common Internet browsers for Windows.
Methods for returning pages
How to restore bookmarks? You can solve this problem in different ways. It all depends on the user's personal preference.
Here are the tricks that can be found in practice:
- search for pages and add them to bookmarks through the "History" of the browser;
- saving web resources through the menu item "Recently Closed";
- restore browser from backup;
- using sync;
- download the archive with bookmarks to the Internet browser (export and importinformation);
- move bookmark files to browser root folders (not recommended).
The last trick is extremely rare. It often leads to errors. Therefore, we will not focus on it. Most often, users use the export and import of saved pages or restore from backups.
History and visited pages
How to restore bookmarks? The first option is suitable for those who have recently saved a particular web resource in the browser. We are talking about using the "History" menu item. Alternatively, you can work with the "Recently Closed" section.
In the first case, you need to do this:
- Open the main menu of a particular browser. Usually the corresponding button is located in the upper right corner. Three dots, lines, a wrench or a gear can be drawn on it.
- Select "History" section.
- Click on "History" again.
- Find this or that page in the proposed list and click on it with LMB.
- Click on the star image in the browser address bar or press Ctrl + D.
This trick will help you bookmark a site you've visited before. If desired, you can use the same way when viewing the "Recently Closed" list. It appears in the "History" section.
Google Chrome and recovery
How to recover deleted bookmarks? To do this, you must first generate a file for further import. Let's start withwork in Google Chrome.
To cope with the task, the user will need:
- Click in the upper right corner of Google Chrome on the button responsible for opening the main menu.
- Select the "Bookmarks" section.
- Click on the line "Bookmark Manager".
- Press the button with three dots. It is in the corner of the browser, on the right.
- Click on the "Export Bookmarks" option.
- Select where to save the document. At this stage, the user can come up with a unique name for the file.
This process will help create a document for later export. Deleted bookmarks? How to restore them?
All that remains to be done in the case of Google Chrome is:
- Go to "Settings" - "Bookmarks" - "Bookmark Manager".
- Click on the button with three dots.
- Select "Import" command.
- Find the.htm file with bookmarks and click on the "OK" button.
Mozilla Firefox and html
Now consider the procedure in Mozilla Firefox. This browser uses 2 methods to implement the task. Let's start with html documents.
How to restore bookmarks in Mozilla? You can do this:
- Visit the browser and open the main menu.
- Go to "Library"-"Bookmarks"-"Show All".
- Select "Import and…".
- Click on "Export tohtml" and specify the path to save the document.
- At the right time, return to the "Bookmark Manager" and click on "Import and Backup" - "Import".
- Specify a pre-formed html document.
It remains to wait a few minutes. There is nothing difficult in the method. If you wish, you can act differently.
How to restore bookmarks in Mozilla? The second option is to use browser backups. First, let's talk about creating them.
The algorithm of actions under such circumstances will be as follows:
- Press in Mozilla Ctrl + Shift + B.
- Select the "Import and Backup…" option.
- Click on the "Back Up" line.
- Specify where to save the file.
Now it remains to restore the bookmarks. For this you will need:
- Return to Firefox Bookmark Manager.
- Go to "Import…".
- Hover over the line "Restore from backup".
- Select a file from the list that appears or press the "Select" button. In the latter case, you will need to specify a copy of the Mozilla backup file.
- Confirm operation.
Opera and saved pages
How to recover deleted bookmarks? In the case of Opera, you can use the previously proposed method - go to the "Bookmark Manager", first exportsaved pages to html and then import the corresponding document. The algorithm of actions will almost completely coincide with the instructions for Mozilla. The difference is that the main menu of the Opera browser is opened by clicking on the "Menu" button in the left corner of the screen.
You can use a more interesting way. He works in Chrome, Mozilla, and Opera. We are talking about using the "Synchronization" option. It saves information about bookmarks and browser settings.
In the case of Opera, it is recommended to proceed as follows:
- Go to the main menu of the Web browser.
- Select "More tools".
- Click on the "Sync" button.
- Specify the data requested from the user.
Now you can save bookmarks. To transfer them to another computer, you need to synchronize in Opera from the desired PC.