Some operations on the computer require additional software to be initialized. It may be damaged or outdated. Some applications are not used as unnecessary. Therefore, each user must know how to properly uninstall computer programs. Particular attention will have to be paid to the utilities and files located on the C drive. There are reasons for this. Next, we will try to figure out how to remove the program from drive C in one case or another. In fact, even beginners can handle such an operation. True, there are exceptions. For example, if we talk about forced uninstallation.
What is the danger
Deleting unnecessary programs from the C drive is a common process, but you need to approach it with special attention. And it has its own reasons.
The thing is that the mentioned section of the hard disk usually contains system files, as well as the operating system. Damage to it cancause Windows to crash. Therefore, you have to uninstall very carefully. The simplest instructions below will help you avoid serious problems and critical mistakes in the process of achieving the desired result.
How to uninstall a program from C drive? It is not possible to answer such a question unambiguously. This is due to the fact that the user is able to choose the algorithm of actions on their own.
Today, users can get rid of the application or files:
- system capabilities of operating systems;
- using folders in the start menu;
- through additional software.
The last trick is most often used for emergency (forced) removal. But even with a normal uninstall, it also works very well.
How to remove the program from the C drive? In order to achieve the desired result, it is worth preparing. Work, as already mentioned, will be carried out with the system partition of the hard drive. And so it is recommended:
- make a Windows restore point before uninstalling the application;
- save all the files needed by the user to removable media or another hard drive partition.
In addition, without fail, the user must:
- close browsers, as well as applications that load the PC processor;
- end the program to be uninstalled.
Only in this case, you cantalk about readiness to remove the utility. And it doesn't matter which way. While the program is open or minimized, it will be considered running. This means that it will not work to uninstall it - the system will simply give an error.
How to uninstall a program from C drive? First, let's look at a few classic methods. We are talking about cleaning the PC from running and normally running applications.
It's worth starting with the completion of the processes of the corresponding utilities. The user will need:
- Press on the keyboard Ctrl + "Image" + Del.
- Go to the "Task Manager" section.
- Open the "Processes" tab.
- Select the processes associated with a particular application. They usually sign.
- Click on the "Finish…" button.
Usually, after that, the system will report possible errors and failures in the OS after the completion of certain tasks. This is normal. The user must agree to them. Now everything is ready for a complete uninstall.
Removing unnecessary programs from C drive is not really a difficult task. Even a novice PC user can handle it. The main thing is to figure out how to act under certain circumstances.
Before taking action, it is recommended to right-click on the application shortcut, then select "Properties" and open the "General" section. It will contain the installation path of the utility. Hiswill have to be remembered. Better write it down.
This must be done in order to completely get rid of utilities. Some programs even after uninstallation leave their residual files on the PC. They will have to be cleaned manually.
From the Start folder
Do you want to remove unnecessary programs from your C drive? Then you can start with the simplest option. It is less and less common in practice. Some applications do not allow you to use it.
It's about using the software folder in the start menu. For this you will need:
- Open Start.
- Go to the section "All programs - Folder with the name of the installed application".
- Select the "Uninstall a program" command, if available. Otherwise, the reception will have to be refused.
- Follow the instructions of the uninstall wizard. Usually you need to confirm your intentions and wait a bit.
It's done! The program will now be removed from the computer. And not only from the C drive, but from the partition on which it was installed. All methods considered can be considered universal. They are suitable for uninstalling utilities from the entire hard drive.
How to uninstall programs from C drive? It has already been said that the problem can be solved in different ways. Everything depends on the specific case. For example, you should try to uninstall using the classic methods.
Each operating roomThe system has its own ability to erase installed software. In Windows, the "Control Panel" comes to the rescue.
To use it to uninstall the program, you need:
- Open "Start" and then select "Control Panel".
- In the menu that appears, click on the "Add/Remove Programs" block.
- Wait. The system will detect all programs installed on the PC.
- Select the required application with the cursor.
- Select the command called "Delete". It can be found at the top of the window. It is also possible to right-click on the name of the program to be removed and then select the required function.
All that's left now is to follow the instructions of the application removal wizard. In some cases, the user is prompted to immediately choose whether to completely clean the hard disk from the corresponding utility or leave some information.
Next, a variety of programs will be presented to solve the problem. Most of them are free and freely distributed on the Internet.
I wonder how to forcibly remove a program from drive C? You can resort to the help of a utility called Geek Uninstaller. This is a simple application that does not have a huge number of additional options.
The user will afterinstallation thereof:
- Launch Geek Uninstaller.
- Select the app you want to get rid of. It should appear in the list of installed programs.
- RMB click.
- Press the line that says "Uninstall…".
Great utility for lovers of minimalism. Used "Geek Uninstaller" mainly for uninstallation. With the help of such an application, you can also find out about the official website of the developer or go to the folder of the selected program. Very convenient!
Need to remove non-working programs from the "C" drive? There are plenty of additional utilities for solving such a problem. But we will consider only the most popular and convenient offers. For example, you should pay attention to Revo Uninstaller.
This software is ideal for forced uninstallation. It has tools for scanning the operating system. With Revo you can fix registry errors in a few clicks.
To uninstall the program, the user needs to do the following:
- Run Revo Uninstaller.
- Wait until the full list of programs installed on the computer is displayed.
- Select one or another utility with the mouse cursor.
- Select the uninstallation method from the functional menu located at the top of the "Revo". You can stop at "Delete", "Force delete" and "Quickuninstall". It is better to use the first option, if necessary - the second.
As soon as the operation is completed, you can close "Revo" and enjoy the result.
Are there programs to completely remove the C drive? If you want to get a similar result, you should simply format the hard drive.
Some users do this with a Windows installation disc. At the stage of selecting a partition for installing the OS, you can select the C drive, and then click on the "Format" hyperlink. After a couple of minutes, the entire partition will be cleared. Here you can also delete and recreate partitions.
There is an Eraser HDD application. It is used to delete documents and files on the hard drive. After starting it, you need to specify the partition to be cleaned. A few minutes of waiting - and the job is done.
We figured out how to remove the program from drive C. After the steps described earlier, the user is advised to open the folder where the program was. If any files of the uninstalled utility remain, they will have to be deleted.
To do this, it is best to select the relevant documents with the mouse, and then hold down the Shift + Del key combination. It remains only to confirm the permanent deletion of residual files. Need to remove non-working programs from the "C" drive? It's easier than it looks.
Important: don't forget about cleaning up the registry. You can do it with Revo Uninstaller or Ccleaner.