There are many useful files on the Internet that users download daily for their use: books, games, videos, applications, software, etc. To do this, you need to perform a quick download. Irritation occurs when the PC "slows down", i.e. performs slow loading. Knowing the special rules on how to speed up the download, and using special utilities, you can increase the speed of your computer several times. However, first you need to understand the reasons for the failure.
Change download priority
A common mistake users often make that results in slow download speeds is trying to download everything at once. Such actions not only cause massive consumption of RAM and reduce the speed of the processor, but also reduces the bandwidth of downloaded files. To decide how to speed up the download, you need to arrange it in order of priority so that when one downloadends, another begins. Thus, the speed will be high, since all computer resources are directed to one process.
Also, the low speed problem occurs when the RAM is full. RAM is the temporary storage of programs for the computer. RAM often has limited space and is one of the determining factors that a computer works with. Before speeding up the download, you need to free up some computer resources in RAM and close all programs that are not in use. One way to close programs is through the Windows Task Manager:
- Access Task Manager using Ctrl + "Image" + Delete.
- Delete those that are actively consuming memory in the background.
Run virus scan
Spyware and viruses can significantly slow down your computer's boot speed as they consume computer resources. Before speeding up the download, first of all, you need to make sure that the antivirus program installed on your PC is up to date and automatically checks for viruses. This will ensure that slow download speeds are not due to system virus attacks.
After that, you need to check your PC for viruses and spyware. You can run the built-in Windows Defender or a third-party anti-malware application such as the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
In addition, beforehow to speed up the loading of Windows 10 or another version installed on a laptop, you can set the power settings to the maximum mode. The user should be aware that this is not a good choice if you want to save energy. To change the mode, go through the procedure:
- Enter the "Systems and Security Settings" power tab from the "Control Panel".
- From here on the right, use the down arrow to find "High performance" and set the mode.
- Save changes.
After years of use, the computer is full of old program files and other temporary files. The computer starts to work like a slow snail. There are quite a few special programs on the Internet, both paid and free, that are launched before speeding up the download of Windows 10 on a computer. These software suites can clean up the registry, free up resources, and perform other actions that ensure that the computer is in the best possible condition when downloading files. Examples of such software include:
- Download Accelerator and Speed It Up.
- Windows Care Genius.
And also some browser add-ons can make your computer load faster. You can clean up your PC with the built-in utilities of the operating system. Procedure before speeding up the boot of the computer when turned on:
- In the "Start" menu, enter "Disk Cleanup". This opens the reliable utilityDisk Cleanup, which is part of Windows Multi-Generation OS.
- Configure Disk Cleanup to detect unwanted files such as temporary files, offline web pages and PC installer files.
- Delete them all at once. This will generally only have a noticeable effect on speed if the disk is nearly full.
Increase internet speed
Sometimes slow download speeds are caused by a poor internet connection. Some Internet companies advertise huge traffic speeds, but in reality, users will never get it and spend a lot of time trying to overclock their PC, which is simply unrealistic due to ISP problems. Possible reasons for low internet speed:
- The biggest reason for internet slowdown is a bad modem. You need to test the speed using a different modem to make sure it matches the internet plan provided by the ISP. It is recommended to install another modem/router or upgrade the software of the existing one.
- Presence of interference in the system. Sometimes a virus scanner or other programs can slow down your internet speed. To understand this, you need to turn off running programs in turn, and then run the speed test again.
- Noise filters failed. If the Internet is connected to a telephone line that also has a telephone, you need to make sure that filters are installed on the line to filter out interference, they are operational and of good quality.
- Wi-Fi Internetusually slower than dial-up internet.
- Cable lengths and structure can affect speed. It is recommended to replace old telephone cables, sockets and lines, instead using shorter and newer ones.
One more simple recommendation will help to significantly improve the situation with speed. Internet troubleshooting order:
- Before you can speed up the download speed, you need to turn off the modem for one minute and turn it on again. This is called power cycling and can often reset a bunch of issues that affect speed.
- You may even need to reconfigure the modem with a new password, as the settings need to be updated on reboot.
- Regularly update the firmware and software, enter the modem following the instructions of its brand.
- Before speeding up Windows, you need to set your router/ISP to better settings, because sometimes these default settings do not correspond to quality work.
Remove unnecessary programs
Additional pre-installed software installed by PC manufacturers continues to be a problem causing slow performance. In new computers, the number of programs reaches 20 or more. They sometimes start working automatically, open at the most inopportune moment and actually "stop" the desired program.
- Click on the button with the Win logo and select programs and features.
- Defineunnecessary applications, select them and click "Delete".
There are two kinds of apps in Win 10: traditional desktop apps and modern Windows Store apps. To remove the latter, you need to go to the apps and features page of the Settings app. Sort by size, set date or name, or search for a specific app.
Disabling search indexing
This procedure is especially problematic for computers with lower power consumption, search indexing may require additional system resources. To turn off indexing, you need to open the "Control Panel" window and indexing options. Click at the top of the list of results "Delete indexes". If you still need to leave search indexing, providing additional speed, then enter the "Task Manager" menu. Then click "Services and Applications" and find Win Search. In the "Properties" window, select the type "Manual" or "Disabled" to disable the process by default.
Many utilities install internal processes that start automatically and work in shadow mode and consume PC resources. To get rid of them, before speeding up the download speed, you need to call the task manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Go to "Startup" and see all programs loaded from Win. The window has a column that shows the run impact for each of them. The Status column shows whether the program is enabled or not. You can click on any entry to change thisstatus.
Editing the registry
The Win registry can be a disaster. When programs are installed, they make irreversible changes to the key. Even when the program is uninstalled, it leaves useless keys on the PC. The solution is to apply a reliable cleaner. You need to be extremely careful when choosing the right program, because a bad cleaner will seriously mess up the entire system. Experts advise one of the best programs - CCleaner. It is a reliable tool to ensure a clean and fast Windows experience.
Actions for manually cleaning the registry for accelerated boot Win:
- Open by pressing START >> RUN.
- Enter REGEDIT.
- View folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> Memory management >> PrefetchParameters.
- Press Enableprefetcher.
- Insert 1 into the string and hex must be included (enable).
- Then restart your computer and see the result.
If the download files are close together, it takes less time for the disk to search for the files, which will allow you to download files faster. This is provided by default on the machine, and you will need to make sure that the PC has this option: In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> BootOptimizeFunction, and set enable to Y.
Adjust download speed in Win 10
The problem with many Win accelerators is that they recommend disabling someimportant OS features, such as visual animation. Accelerated loading of Windows 10 can occur without such drastic measures. This is a way to speed up Windows 10 without compromising its appearance or functionality. To enable the fast startup option in Win 10, do the following:
- Press "Start".
- Enter "PU" and open it.
- In the upper right corner, find the option "View by" >> select "Category".
- Find "Hardware and Sound" and click on this option.
- Check Power Supply.
- Press "Select, food".
- Click "Change settings" and edit them.
- Enable the "Quick Start" option, that's it, Win 10 accelerated boot is complete.
Optimize Windows 7 performance
Many people spend a lot of money on software or hardware to overclock their gaming machine. For those users who have older machines and want to improve the speed of their PC, here are a few tips to improve the performance of the system through some tricks. The first step to speed up Win 7 is to run the Windows Boot Performance Diagnostic:
- Press Windows key + R.
- Enter gpedit.msc.
- In the left column, go to "Configuration" -> "Administrative" -> "Systems" -> "Troubleshooting and Diagnostics" -> "Win Boot Performance Diagnostics".
- Fast boot Windows 7 will require clickingScript Execution Level tab.
- Select "Enable".
- In the "Script Execution Level" press the down arrow.
- Select "Detect and resolve".
- Press OK.
The second way is to clean Advance Boot. This method can only be performed on computers / laptops with more than one core processors, such as dual-core, Core 2 Duo, i3, i5, quad-core processor, etc. The essence of the method is to change the number of cores used for booting. Sequence:
- Press Windows key + R.
- Enter msconfig.
- Press Enter.
- Go to the Download tab.
- Press "More Options".
- Check "Number of processors".
- Press the down arrow, select the highest number.
- Press OK.
- You can restart your PC immediately or later.
And the third step is to empty the "Prefect" folder. This can also be done for Windows XP and Vista. Every time a computer program is started, Windows remembers it and creates a small file in the prefetch folder. The next time the program is launched, Windows will load it faster and the load time will be shorter.
Care Genius Optimizer
This is an all-in-one Windows tool to clean up all junk files, including temporary internet files, offline web page, cached thumbnails, log files, downloaded files, junk Windows registry entries and optimize PC formaximum performance. With Windows Care Genius you can do:
- Automatically clean the Windows registry and fix all registry errors.
- Automatically detect and delete all unnecessary, useless files.
- Fix all issues that slow down your computer and debug instability.
- Launch One-Stop Tune-up before speeding up Windows 10 with 1 click.
- Defrag disk and registry to make your computer faster and more efficient.
- Disables unnecessary programs that consume system resources.
To perform a general cleaning and optimization, perform the following steps in sequence:
- Start Windows Care Genius and click the "Check" button, the software will automatically detect potential security issues.
- After scanning, Windows Care Genius will display all he alth status, existing junk files, useless files and invalid registry entries on the PC.
- Press the "Fix" button to clear all of them with one click.
- After the fixing process, all existing issues affecting PC performance have been fixed.
Now your computer will run very fast.
Tips from experienced
Several proven recommendations from users will help the PC owner choose optimization options for themselves and increase the speed of work on the computer. A selection of the best tips:
- Assign keyboard shortcuts to favoritesapplications. To assign a hotkey to an application, simply click on the shortcut icon, select "Properties", click on the shortcut tab, and then type Ctrl + alt=""Image" + Letter or Number in the shortcut box. To make them easy to remember, it is recommended that you use the letters corresponding to the name of the software you want to download. For example, assign Ctrl + "Image" + W in Microsoft Word.
- Use macros to enter frequently typed text.
- Use a "Password Manager" to login, like the fastest and most secure KeePass.
- Search for stuff using the start menu search box, just press the Windows key or Ctrl + Esc to open the start menu and start typing in the "Search programs or files" field.
- Set up file associations for opening documents using the program. To change file associations in Windows, enter the term "File type" in the Start search box, and then select "Make a file type always open in a specific program".
- Then select the file extension you want to change (for example:.jpg) and click the "Change program" button. Finally, you will need to select a program and click OK.
- Avoid the scroll bar on the right side of the window and use it to navigate the page. If you have a mouse, it's faster to use the scroll wheel.
- Learn and apply keyboard shortcuts to speed up Windows startup.
- Set the taskbar to "Never combine" icons, by default Windows 7 takes everythingopen windows from a specific program and merges them into a single taskbar icon.
- You need to select "Properties" on the "Start" button, then the "Taskbar" tab, "Never combine" in the taskbar buttons menu and click OK.
- Set up autoplay for external storage, type "Autoplay" in the "Start" search field, select "Open Folder" to view files using Windows Explorer for images, videos, audio files and mixed content.
- Do not put the laptop to sleep when the lid is closed. Type "Lid" in the "Start" search field, click "Change", select "Do nothing" under "Battery" and "Connected", save the changes.
By controlling the launch, you can determine exactly how many seconds each launch element takes. Sometimes system programs run out of time to load. One should always clean and keep all data, files, folders in working condition to get good computer performance.