Computers are multi-tasking devices that combine various options, settings and functions. It is necessary to be able to work with any operating system, otherwise the user may have serious problems. Today we will try to figure out how to rotate the screen on a laptop 90 degrees. This task is solved in just a few seconds. The main thing is to know how to act in this or that case. Even a novice PC user can quickly achieve the desired goal of turning the screen on a computer.
How to rotate laptop screen 90 degrees? You can deal with this task in different ways. Next, we will try to study all existing approaches to solving such an operation.
Let's start with the simplest. OS screen rotation is a standard setting. And you can manage it using the functional menu of the operating system.
To use this technique, it is recommended:
- Click onempty space on the RMB desktop.
- Move your cursor over "Graphics Options".
- Set the mouse to the "Rotate…" section.
- Click on the line with the desired angle of rotation of the desktop.
That's it. As soon as the operation passes the processing stage, the desktop will expand. Fast, simple, convenient! And most importantly, this technique does not require any additional programs.
Screen settings are personalized options. Wondering how to rotate the screen on a laptop 90 degrees?
Some users resort to the "Personalization" menu item to successfully complete the operation. To use this technique, no additional programs need to be installed.
The screen rotation instruction will look like this:
- Call the function menu on the Windows desktop.
- Click on the line "Screen resolution". You can first select "Personalization", and then go to "Resolution".
- Expand the dropdown called "Orientation".
- Set the "Portrait (inverted)" parameter.
- Save appropriate changes.
What now? You can get used to the expanded desktop. Similarly, the screen returns to its original position.
Intel integrated adapter
Still wondering how to turnScreen on laptop in Windows 10 90 degrees? Some prefer to use the graphics card settings. Laptops usually have a built-in Intel adapter. He will help to achieve the desired result.
To rotate the desktop, follow these steps:
- Open Intel graphics. As a rule, the icon of this utility is hidden in the system tray.
- Switch to the "Display" block and then look into the "Basic…".
- Specify screen rotation settings.
- Press the "OK" button.
But this is far from over. If you don't have the official Intel graphics application, you just need to reinstall the drivers and manually initialize the corresponding utility if necessary.
NVIDIA graphics card
NVIDIA video cards are currently very popular. And in the case of laptops with a similar video card, you will have to act a little differently. First you need to install the drivers for the appropriate hardware. After that, the video card graphics program should appear in the OS.
Assume these conditions are met. Then the user will have to:
- RMB click on the desktop.
- Select the line labeled "NVIDIA Control Panel".
- Click on the "Display" section located in the "Select a task…" block.
- Select the "Rotate…" menu item.
- Set the required display rotation parameters.
- Click on the control labeled"Apply".
Note that some laptops don't have these settings. This is quite normal. Under such circumstances, it is better to simply use the standard Windows features.
If there is an AMD Radeon
Thinking about how to rotate the screen on a laptop 90 degrees in Windows (XP, 7, 8 and not only), the user must take into account that a lot depends on what kind of video card he has in his laptop.
Some computers are still equipped with AMD Radeon graphics. Under such circumstances, the user can use the settings of this video card to rotate the desktop.
The guidance for achieving the corresponding goal is as follows:
- Go to "AMD Radeon Settings". It is proposed to do this in exactly the same way as in the case of NVIDIA.
- Switch to the "Common Tasks…" menu item.
- Click on the "Screen rotation" block.
- Use thumbnails with captions to specify how you want to display the desktop.
- Confirm application of specified adjustments.
It's really not that hard. How to rotate the screen on a laptop with Windows 10 by 90 degrees? You can use the tips above. But they are not exhaustive. There are a number of other tricks that help to achieve the originally set goal.
Windows 10 and standard features
The Windows graphical interface has changed significantly with the advent of Windows 8. And in Windows 10, it may also seem unusual to new PC users. How to rotate the screen on a laptop 90 degrees in "Ten" or "Eight"?
For example, using built-in settings. The previously proposed instruction helps to achieve the corresponding goal on Windows 7. In the case of Windows 10, you need to perform the following operations:
- Press Win + I on the keyboard.
- Select the "System" block in the menu that appears.
- Click on "Screen Options".
All you need to do now is set your desired desktop orientation settings.
Important: you can get to the appropriate settings by clicking on the desktop with the right mouse button and then selecting "Display Options".
Thinking about how to rotate the screen on a laptop 90 degrees in Windows 10, you should not forget about hot keys. They allow you to achieve the desired result in a few seconds. And no need to log in to the settings or applications of video cards!
To successfully rotate the desktop and change its orientation, you need to hold down Ctrl + "Image" +:
- down arrow - to turn upside down;
- left arrow - to rotate the screen 90 degrees to the left;
- right arrow -to turn 90 degrees to the right;
- up arrow - to set the initial screen orientation settings.
It is these combinations that often help to achieve the appropriate result in a few seconds. Changing the desktop orientation is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance.
We figured out how to rotate the screen on a laptop 90 degrees in various ways. It could be noted that all the solutions proposed to attention do not require any special skills and knowledge from a person. Even novice PC users can handle this operation.
If it becomes necessary to rotate the screen in a separate program, you need to carefully look at the settings of the corresponding application. There are often settings for the orientation of the workspace. They need to be used to rotate the screen.