Almost any function on the computer can be launched using the keyboard. For example, change OS settings. Let's say font. Today we have to figure out how to make the font on a laptop smaller. There are various ways to solve the problem. And, as practice shows, users very successfully master them. Even a novice PC user should understand how to adjust the font in the system.
How to make the font smaller on an Acer laptop and not only? Let's start with the simplest - when it comes to the font for displaying information in the operating system as a whole. In this case, you will need to change the screen resolution.
To do this, it is recommended to do the following:
- RMB click on desktop.
- Select "Screen Resolution" or "Personalization"-"Resolution…".
- Click on the "Permission" section in the menu that appears.
- Move the slider up or down. The higher the score, the lessfont in the end.
- Save changes.
This approach is to change the screen resolution. During this operation, not only the font will change, but also the size of other OS elements.
Important: in the "Personalization" section there is an item "Font settings". You can use it too.
Mouse + keyboard
This is just one of several scenarios. I wonder how to make the font smaller on a laptop?
You can do this with your mouse and keyboard. There is nothing difficult in this. True, the proposed method will not affect the screen resolution in any way - it will help adjust the text size in programs. This process is sometimes referred to as scaling.
How to make the font on the laptop smaller? Instructions for achieving the corresponding goal will look like this:
- Open the program you want to see changes in.
- Press Ctrl on the keyboard.
- While holding the mentioned control, scroll the mouse wheel forward or backward. In the first case, the text will increase, in the second - decrease.
- Release all controls once the desired result is achieved.
It's done. Now it's clear how to make the font on the laptop smaller or larger. However, there are a number of interesting and simple solutions.
Keyboard only option 1
It's hard to believe, but a PC can really be controlled by a single keyboard. And with her helpthe user at any time is able to change the font on the screen. More precisely, change the scale of letters and other elements in the program.
The simplest keyboard shortcut will help you achieve the desired result. It must be used while in the selected application.
So, to change the font size on the screen, you will need:
- Enter the program with which further work is planned. For example, a web browser.
- Press Ctrl. You need to keep this button pressed.
- Press the "+" or "-" key to increase or decrease the font, respectively. These elements are located above the letter bar of the keyboard.
- Release "Control" when the desired result is achieved.
At this stage, active actions can be completed. Everything, as it turned out, is extremely simple. The possible scenarios for the development of events do not end only on the considered methods. What else can you use when thinking about how to make a fine on a laptop using a keyboard smaller / larger?
Keyboard only: second option
The next trick is almost identical to the previous one. Only on laptops is it sometimes problematic to implement.
The point is that the NUM-panel helps to adjust the scale of the text. Some laptops don't have it. Then you have to buy it in the store. Such a device is connected via a USB port.
Assume thatNUM-panel is available. Then the person will have to perform the following actions:
- hold Ctrl and "+" - to increase the text;
- press Ctrl and "-" to zoom out;
- hold down Ctrl and "0" to return to the original settings.
That's it. These combinations help in almost all applications. As already noted, they do not affect the screen resolution and system settings in general.
How to make the fine on Asus laptop smaller? There is another non-standard solution. It is almost never used in real life. Unless, for the purposes of the experiment, or in case of failure of the regular keyboard to work.
This is about using the on-screen keyboard. It works in exactly the same way as a regular one, but it runs directly on the operating system.
To use it, you need:
- Open Start.
- Switch to the "All Programs" tab.
- Click on the "Standard" folder.
- Expand the Accessibility section.
- Click on the line that says "On-Screen Keyboard".
What's next? You will have to switch to the application you need, then activate the on-screen keyboard, after which you need to use the previously indicated keyboard shortcuts. You have to click them with the mouse cursor. It's not very convenient.
Browser and its settings
Onwhat else should a PC user pay attention to? You can change the text and page scale in the application settings. Consider this option using an example with a browser. How to make the font smaller on a laptop using the keyboard, of course.
To change the font size in Google Chrome, it is recommended to do the following:
- Launch Chrome.
- Click on the button responsible for opening the main functional menu of the application. It is located to the right of the address bar.
- Click on "Settings".
- In the "Font" section, set the desired value.
- Save the entered adjustments.
To change the scale of the page, you need to change the values in the "Scale" block in the main functional menu of the Internet browser. Usually it is increased/decreased as a percentage.
How to make the font on Asus laptop smaller? Now everyone will be able to answer a similar question.
If the user wants to change the font size in a text document, it must be done using the edit settings. In Word, at the top of the window (above the main field) there is a small box "Select font size". With it, people increase or decrease the selected text fragment. Everything is extremely simple.
Actually, changing the font size is not always required. Often we are talking about changing the screen resolution. But now everyone can cope with this task too.