Any operating system has both positive and negative aspects. Fortunately, most of them carry personalization tools with which you can customize the look. In other cases, special programs help to do this. This article will show you how to remove large desktop icons. However, it is worth noting that the instructions presented are suitable for hiding any icons.
How to remove icons from the Windows 10 desktop
In total, we will consider four ways to complete the task. It is worth noting that they are self-sufficient, that is, you do not have to select a method for a specific case, they all cope with the task in the same way. Accordingly, which one to use is up to you.
Method 1. Through the context menu
From the very beginning, consider the easiest way to remove icons from the desktop. It consists in the usual hiding through the context menu. This means that all labels will remain, only they will not be visible.
- Right-click (RMB) anywhere on the screen.
- In the menu that opens, hover over the "View" item.
- In the additional menu that appears, check the box next to "Hide desktop objects".
Immediately after this, the menu will disappear, and with it all the icons. This method, how to remove icons from the desktop, is remarkable in that you can return them back at any time. To do this, just repeat the above instructions.
Method 2. Deletion
There are more radical methods that equally help achieve the desired result. For example, you can simply remove all icons. This is done in several ways.
- Click on the RMB icon and click on the "Delete" line.
- Use your mouse to move all the labels to the trash and then delete the trash.
- Select all icons and then press the Delete key.
- To permanently delete icons, press Shift + Delete after selection and then confirm.
As you might guess, this method of deleting icons from the desktop does not mean restoring them - they will disappear forever.
Method 3. Using the program
You can go further and use special utilities tofulfillment of the set goal. In this case, consider True Launch Bar, which will not only get rid of shortcuts, but also create an additional interactive menu on the taskbar.
- Download and install the named program.
- Right click on the taskbar.
- Move your mouse over "Panels".
- In the menu that appears, click on the line True Launch Bar.
- After that, an additional area will appear next to the "Start" button.
- Move your mouse cursor over the shortcut and click the left mouse button (LMB).
- Drag the icon to the added area on the panel.
In the same way, drag all the icons you want, and delete the ones you don't need. As a result, the desktop will be cleared of all elements, and all important shortcuts will be on the taskbar.
Method 4. System Tools
If you do not like to install additional software on your computer, but you liked the functions of the previous program, then you can use a similar tool within the operating system. Now it will be told how to remove icons from the desktop by moving them to the taskbar in a special area. However, this very area must first be created. This is done as follows:
- Create a new folder on your desktop and name it whatever you like.
- Move all icons to this folder.
- Right click on the taskbar.
- Hover the arrow on the item "Panels" and inadditional menu, select "Create Toolbar".
- The "Explorer" window will appear, in which select the previously created folder.
That's it. As a result, all the contents of the created folder will be pinned to the taskbar, and the desktop will be freed from many shortcuts.