Need for Speed Rivals is the part of the racing series that brings the genre and game name back to its roots. The developers used the already prepared Frostbite engine, added a free world and substantiated the whole story around the confrontation between illegal racers and law enforcement officers. There is no full-fledged plot, but the gameplay turned out in the spirit of the classic parts. Consider the passage of Need for Speed Rivals in more detail on both sides of the barricades.
At the beginning of the game you need to choose one of the sides. You don't need to think long about the choice, because after the training missions in each campaign, you can easily switch between them at any time. Tired of running away from the cops, then go on missions from the police center and vice versa. Campaigns end with Reputation Rank 60 in both modes and the final cutscene.
Need for Speed Rivals walkthrough includes two types of events - these are several race modes and mini-tasks scattered around the map. If the first part of the content differs depending on the side, then the second part will be the same for the entire game as a whole - these are high-speed radars, drift points, jumps, and so on.
Delinquent races include the following options:
- regular race is a sprint with other racers from one point to another;
- time trial - high-speed trip from point A to point B;
- hot chase - a competition in which, in addition to you and the racers, the police participate;
- interceptor - missions in which you need to get rid of the persecution by any means.
There are a total of 68 missions in this campaign. To reach rank 60, you will have to complete all races and challenges for gold medals. It's better to focus on the Interceptor and Time Trial modes, as they are the easiest to earn gold and get more points. It is also worth remembering that the set of cars for both campaigns is different.
Campaign for Police
If you decide to follow the path of the law, then you are waiting for other regimes. Unfortunately, they are one less than the racers, since there is no need for cops to compete with each other. The police have the following modes:
- reaction - a race against the clock from point to point, but with pen alties when crashing into civilian cars and obstacles;
- hot chase - same as inprevious campaign, only for the other side;
- interceptor - you need to catch a certain number of riders within the allotted time limit.
It is recommended to start the passage of the game Need for Speed Rivals for cops with hot chases and interceptors. After earning enough points, upgrade your vehicle to earn gold faster in more difficult challenges.