One of the most important elements when working with EOM is the computer desktop. How is it structured and what changes can be made to it? What is the desktop for? It also has many properties that most people are not even aware of, although they could make their life much easier.
What is the computer desktop?
It is a working area, displayed using a monitor that displays all the necessary information. It contains file icons that allow you to quickly access all the programs that you need to get it. You can change the extension that the Windows 7 desktop has, increase the number of shortcuts located on the desktop. For aesthetic pleasure, you can change the background image, and in case of prolonged inactivity, the splash screen. Also, thanks to the additional software increase, you can increase the usefulness of the desktop for yourself. Such benefits can be manifested in the form of installing extensions that will display the desired information such as weather, exchange rates and much more - since there is a choice.
You can often hear questions like "How do I install a desktop?". The fact is that by default on computers that are sold, it is already installed. And this issue is understood as changing the design or installing a visually distinct file manager. Now you have a general idea of the possibilities that the Windows 7 desktop provides to the person working behind it. Let's take a closer look.
Quick access to necessary files
The desktop gives you the opportunity to get quick access to all the necessary folders, files and programs. If we talk about the former, then you can either create a new folder (transfer from another location), or create a shortcut leading to an existing one. Also, if desired, the files themselves can be transferred to the desktop, since there is enough space on it for such an operation. But still there are some limitations (usually up to 1 GB of memory).
Regarding files and programs, we can say that the features of their movement directly depend on their subsequent use. So, simply moving a working document to the table will cause an error to constantly pop up either that the necessary files were not found, or about something else. But the end result will be the same - the required document will not start and there will be no way to see what is inside it. The only exception to this is when a file is transferred, which does not need anything extra. An example of such an option is documents from a work office installed in the operating system, which allowedit text documents, presentations and programs of similar content.
Change desktop settings
If you don't like the visible screen, you can change it. Moreover, make adjustments not with the help of a different background, splash screen, extension, or something similar, but precisely by changing the display mode. To do this, follow the short instructions:
- Right click on an empty area of the desktop. From the menu that appears, select the screen extension.
- In the window that opens, you can select many options. The first is the monitor with which the computer works. Then screen expansion. Here you should stop and report that when the screen resolution changes, the usable area increases / decreases. And along with this, the number of icons that can be placed on the screen is growing. Or decrease. The fact is that as the screen size increases, the icon becomes smaller, and more can be placed.
- You can also choose the screen orientation: landscape or portrait.
- If you want to make only icons smaller/larger, without changing the screen extension, you can use a special link for such operations.
- And if you really want to personally get to all the possible settings, then click on "Additional options". Here you can edit the refresh rate, colorization level and perform screen diagnostics.
Ability to access desktop
Few people know, but withcomputer desktop can be operated remotely. This requires access to the local / World Wide Web (depending on where the entry will be from) and special programs. Moreover, it is possible to interact with the help of both paid and free software. The desktop is in this case a remote terminal, the possibilities of working with which directly depend on the programs used.
Change the background and splash screens
Click the right mouse button on a free part of the computer desktop. From the menu that opens, select "Personalization". A window will open in which you can select the background, window color, sounds and screensaver. The basic variety is not too great, so if you wish, you can load your own design elements yourself. The desktop is such a part of the system to which any image can be assigned.
Now about some rather important and very useful extensions. If you want to track the position of several things, then this is for you. The desktop is a real testing ground. Right-click on an empty space on the desktop and select "Gadgets" from the menu that opens. A window will appear in which you can select all the desired extensions. By default, there are such additions:
- Music player.
- Information board about the exchange rate.
- A puzzle that can be distracting and entertaining.
- News headlines taken from the RSS feed.
- Slide show.
- Display of loads on the central processor and physical memory of the computer, which is made in the style of car speedometers and looks very attractive.
These extensions mentioned in the article are not all possible. If there is an interest in what is not represented, then in the global network you can find add-ons that you think are necessary for you. You can search using the tools installed in the gadget window. But if there was nothing satisfying there, there is another option. Search on your own, using a browser and then installing manually.
You can also change the desktop of your computer using special programs. We can say that, using them, you literally set your external design, which in the end can be radically different from what it was at the beginning. The variety of their use is great, so it is better to get by with a brief description of the functionality:
- Programs that add additional icons to the toolbar (recycle bin, folders and whatever your heart desires).
- Software that allows you to do all the above operations to change the desktop without leaving it.
- Programs that allow you to create a three-dimensional effect of the arrangement of documents on the desktop and itself.
- Provision that affects the appearance of system elements. You don't like how dull the watch looks? Nothing,it can be fixed! Or maybe dissatisfied with the appearance of the volume control? Well, in this case, there is quite a variety of choices.
- There are also programs that can change the display of folder items, system items. Don't like the width of the edges of the folder? It can be fixed. Do you want to make them or the Start menu transparent? And it is possible.
- File managers.
Summarizing, we can say that the desktop is an important component of the computer. With it, you can perform many actions, change the design of your computer and do many other useful things.