When trying to change the line spacing in the "Word" program, the user may receive an error "The unit of measurement is incorrect". Word gives it out, fortunately, for a single reason, so getting rid of it is not so difficult. This article will show you how to do it.
Reason for appearance
The most interesting thing is that the reason has nothing to do with the program itself. The system setting affects the error. You simply have one parameter incorrectly specified on the computer in the regional settings menu. Already at this stage, it becomes clear that in order to eliminate the error "The unit of measurement is incorrect" in Word 2007 and other versions of the program, you need to change this parameter to the correct one. Further in the text, we will do just that.
Way to fix the error
First of all, you need to open the same regional settings menu. it is located, like all other system settings, in the "Control Panel", so let's open it. You can use one of the followingways:
- Right click on the "Start" icon and select the item of the same name mentioned above.
- Enter the "Start" menu, go to the "All Applications" folder and in the "Accessories" directory, launch the "Control Panel".
- Open the "Run" window and enter the command
After opening the desired window, find "Regional Standards" in it and open it. Next, do this:
- In the "Formats" tab, select the "Russian" line from the list.
- Click on the "More options" button.
- In the window that appears, put a comma in the first field.
- Press OK.
After doing all these steps, the problem should be gone. Restart your PC to be sure.
Now you know how to get rid of the error in Word "The unit of measurement is incorrect". As you can see, this is not so difficult to do, so taking into account the above instructions and following all the points step by step, each user will be able to achieve the desired result.