Page numbering is a necessary attribute of any document, the volume of which exceeds ten pages. Therefore, every word processor contains a tool to fulfill this requirement. The article will discuss one of them, namely, how to make pagination quickly and without problems in LibreOffice.
Insert page numbers
The procedure itself is quite simple and consists of the following steps:
- In the standard menu bar, click on the "Insert" item.
- At the end of the expanded list, move the cursor over the line "Headers and footers".
In the list that appears, select one of the items: "Header" \ "Footer".
- Set the editor cursor to the added area.
- In the "Insert" section of the main menu bar, select the "Field" item and click on "Page number" in the drop-down list. The second option for adding is to click on a similar button on the "Standard" panel.
- Select what appeared inheader number and click on the selection with the right mouse button or use the combination Shift + F10.
- In the menu that appears, click on the "Fields" item.
- In the new window, select one of the numbering display options: Latin, Greek, Cyrillic alphabets, Roman or Arabic numerals.
Press "OK" to fix the number style
This question: "How to put pagination in LibreOffice Writer closed.
How to remove the numbering on the title page: method number 1
In any, even the simplest document, there should be a title page. And on it, according to the rules of design, there should not be a page number. To remove it you need to do the following.
Open the style control panel in one of three ways:
- in the "Styles" menu, select the line "Manage Styles";
- press the F11 key on the keyboard;
- click on the "Styles" button located on the panel on the right side of the editor window.
- In the window that appears, click the "Page Styles" button. She's number four, counting from left to right.
- Click on the line "First page".
- Press the paint bucket button.
- Move the mouse cursor over the first sheet of the document and click LMB.
- Turn off the tool by pressing Esc (Escape).
After this operation, the header and number will disappear on the first sheet.
How to remove the numbering on the title page: method number2
It consists in the following algorithm.
- Click on the "Format" menu item.
- In the expanded list of commands, click on the inscription "Title Page".
- Click on the OK button.
This completes the removal from the first sheet of pagination in LibreOffice Writer.
Cleaning the first pages from numbering: method number 1
When finalizing term papers or theses, there is often a problem of deleting page numbers from the first 3-5 sheets. In LibreOffice Writer, this inconvenience is eliminated using the following algorithm.
- Set the mouse pointer on the first page of the document.
- In the "Format" menu, select the "Page" sub-item.
- In the new window, switch to the "Management" tab and in the list next to the "Next style" line, click on the inscription "First page".
- Click on the "Apply" and "OK" buttons.
- LMB click on the page after which numbering should start again.
- Perform step 2 again.
- In the "Management" subsection, in the "Next style" list, select the "Basic" value.
- Click on the "Apply" and "OK" buttons.
Cleaning the first pages from numbering: method number 2
This trick of getting rid of pagination in LibreOffice is easier than the previous one. The procedure is as follows.
- In the menu ribbon, select the items "Format" and "Cover Page".
- In the new window, set up deletion of numbering: Ifthe document already contains sheets with information on which there should not be numbering, then leave the first mark in its place. If they are not already there, then check the box next to the second line. In the text field, enter the number of sheets on which there will be no numbering. Check the box next to the line “Reset numbering after title pages” and enter the number from which the page count should start. Press OK.
Check the deletion result
Page numbering in LibreOffice Writer from an arbitrary number
To perform this operation in the editor:
- set the cursor to the end of the page;
- call the "Paragraph" options window in one of three ways:
- in the menu bar consistently use the commands "Format" / "Paragraph";
- click on the page with the right mouse button and select the desired item in the menu;
- on the right panel, click on the "Properties" button and to the right of the inscription "Paragraph" click on the small rectangle;
- go to the "Page Position" section;
- in the "Breaks" block, check the boxes next to "Insert" and "With page style". In the drop-down list on the right, select the style "Basic";
- put a mark next to "Page number" and enter the desired number in the unlocked field.
This completes the insertion of custom pagination into LibreOffice Writer.
In order to get rid of unnecessary numbers you needfollow a simple algorithm:
- in the "Insert" menu, go to the "Headers and Footers" subsection;
- move the cursor over the type of added header;
- uncheck all boxes in the new list;
- in a small box, agree to delete the header and footer along with its content.
This completes the removal of pagination in LibreOffice.
The procedure for adding numbers to the sheets of a document created with LibreOffice Writer is quite simple and therefore the vast majority of users can handle it.