Sometimes there are situations when it is necessary to return deleted messages to WhatsApp. This messenger supports several ways to restore correspondence. So how to recover deleted SMS in WhatsApp? By default, the messenger backs up all chats in the device's memory. The program performs this action every day at 2 am, regardless of the Internet connection. In local form, copies are stored for a week. If necessary, they are easy to restore.
Other copy methods
And how to recover deleted SMS in WhatsApp, what methods are there? The messenger supports several options for copying files, one of which is saving chats on the Google cloud drive. It contains a lotmore messages than the phone's memory and will keep them for a year. It will then automatically delete old copies.
Knowing how to recover deleted SMS in WhatsApp, you can easily return any correspondence, chats. However, to make this possible, you need to set up a backup. To do this:
- Start WhatsApp and go to the main menu.
- Open the "Settings" tab.
- Go to the "Chats" section.
- Select "Backup Chats". At the very top, the last backup time will be displayed. It cannot be changed, but you can update the copy manually. To do this, select the "Backup" item.
- Below in the same section is information on how often to make copies. The developers have provided daily, weekly, monthly backups, as well as creating copies manually and never. It also contains information about the account, how to connect to the network and the ability to add media files.
If the automatic backup function is disabled, it will be difficult and quite problematic to get back the lost chats. To avoid difficulties, it is recommended to enable copying at least once a week, and ideally once a day.
Ways to restore chats
How to recover deleted SMS in WhatsApp on Android devices? You can perform this procedure in different ways:
- Restore chat from recent backups.
- You can restore chat from old copies.
- It is possible to restore recent messages without losing new chats.
- Recover chat history without backups using a special program to recover data and files on Android..
Method One: Last Copy
Knowing how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Android, you can easily access important information. The chat history recovery process can be done from the latest backup. To do this, automatic backup must be enabled in the program.
The recovery process is simple. To do this, the WhatsApp program is removed, and then reinstalled. During the installation process, you will be prompted to restore your message history. At this stage, you just need to confirm the need to restore and follow the instructions of the installer.
Method two: old copy
And how can I recover deleted SMS in WhatsApp from an older period? As already mentioned, the application constantly creates backups that are stored for a certain amount of time. The recovery itself looks like this:
- WhatsApp needs to be removed.
- Then open the folder where the backups are stored.
- Find the desired file. It looks like this: msgstore-year-month-date.1.db.crypt7. It must be renamed to msgstore.db.crypt7, removing the file creation date from the name.
- Anewapp is installed.
- When the installation wizard asks you to restore the copy, you need to confirm this action.
Most often, backup files are stored in the /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases folder. They are stored in it with the date of creation. The folder with files can be located in the phone memory /WhatsApp/Databases.
Third method: manual copying
New messages received after automatic backup and deleted before the backup was created cannot be restored. To save such records, you will have to manually create a backup copy. To do this, go to the WhatsApp menu, find the chat options, and then backup. Typically, manually created files are saved as msgstore.db.crypt7 and copied to the shared backup folder. In order not to lose the created file, it should be renamed. In this case, it will not be overwritten automatically.
Fourth method: no copies
And how to recover deleted SMS in WhatsApp on Android without a backup and can it be done? There is a restorer that allows you to recover deleted messages without having backups. This program helps in the following cases:
- When chats were accidentally deleted. When using the restorer, all messages will actually be saved on the phone's internal memory or on the sd card until you delete them or save new data.
- Mobile phone data recovery software is installed on your computer. This program is designed specifically for installation on Mac and Windows.
And how to recover deleted SMS and WhatsApp calls using a restorer? To do this, you need to download and install the program on your computer following the instructions of the installation wizard. Then the "Android" device is connected to the PC via USB. On the device itself, the USB debugging function is enabled. Then the WhatsApp data recovery program is launched. She will detect the smartphone and establish a connection with it.
The restorer will analyze the data on the phone and display everything that is hidden there. You can notify the assistant about which files need to be restored. In this case, it will scan only one application and all sections associated with it. If you need to restore only deleted calls and messages in WhatsApp, you can specify only this program. Such a narrow choice will save time searching for deleted data.
Using a special program, you can recover any data, files that were on external or internal memory. Typically, search results are grouped by the type of information found. Among the finds, all that remains is to select the desired file and save it to your mobile device or computer. Further, the recovery process looks the same as described above in the second method.
Wondering if you canrecover deleted SMS in WhatsApp, the answer will be ambiguous. If you need to restore messages from a backup that were displayed in it, then this is done using automatically created backups. Restoring chat history without copies is more difficult, because this requires a special restorer program. If automatic backup is disabled in WhatsApp, then it will be difficult, and in some cases impossible, to return deleted correspondence.