When raising the question of the name of the program for creating presentations, most people, of course, have an association with the well-known PowerPoint program from Microsoft Corporation. It is designed to create materials of various shapes that can be presented to the target audience using a projector.
The program for creating PowerPoint presentations can create an accompaniment to the report, both informational and commercial. Slides can be used in the presentation using various templates, colored text, drawings, illustrations, tables, graphs, charts, videos, links to web pages, as well as various effective transitions between slides. In addition to this, it is also possible to create animated captions and add sound. And this is not a complete list of the possibilities that this program has for creating presentations.
Windows is the main operating system,which is designed for use with this product, but today PowerPoint can also be used on other operating systems.
As for the name of the program for creating presentations, in most cases it is about PowerPoint, and this is not surprising, since over the years of its existence, this program has managed to win recognition around the world. Last but not least, this is due to ease of use and a clear interface that even a not very experienced user can figure out.
The program allows you to create fully automated presentations using various multimedia elements, without having any programming knowledge.
The level of demonstration of information directly depends on what program was used to create presentations. PowerPoint in this regard is distinguished by a number of characteristic features:
- All slides in the program are numbered, making it easy to edit the presentation.
- If necessary, the program provides functions that allow the presentation to be printed on paper, sent by mail or easily connected to a standard projector.
- Each slide has additional editing options: background, font color, outline, etc.
How to run the program?
Even without knowing the name of the program for creating presentations, it can be easily foundon almost every personal computer, since in most cases the Microsoft office suite comes with a PC. To do this, you just need to find the program either using the shortcuts that are on the desktop, or through the Start menu. If the user has already used Word, then PowerPoint is probably somewhere nearby, since both programs are provided by Microsoft.
The program for creating presentations after launch will prompt you to select the desired mode of operation, which will depend on the purpose for which the presentation is being prepared.
After starting the program, the program will launch a dialog box that will present the following operating modes:
- Using standard templates. Allows you to select a ready-made blank for work, which includes a specific slide design, its structure, as well as font size and color.
- Auto-content master. This option allows you to select a presentation using a standard layout. Using this method, you can easily prepare a draft version of the presentation, in which you can then add all the necessary elements.
- Blank presentation. There are no blanks in this mode, and the final result will depend only on the imagination and skill of the author.
For the convenience of the user, PowerPoint has a clear interface, consisting of the most basic elements that a program should have to createpresentations. Microsoft offers two work mode options:
- The “Slides” mode, in which the main part of the window is occupied by the slide the user is working on, and reduced versions of all the others are displayed in the left corner.
- Structure mode. In this option, the user can work with the hierarchical structure of the presentation, where titles, slide texts and other similar elements will be visible.
PowerPoint has the following structure:
- The work area where the slide the user is currently working on is located.
- Notes area. Located below the work area, its entries are visible only to the user and do not appear in the public presentation.
- Slide structure area. Thumbnails of all slides in the presentation are located here.
- Menu. Allows you to work with all the important commands of the program.
- Toolbar. As the name implies, this element includes all the necessary commands that can be executed with the presentation.
- View button. Allows you to start the slide show in the form in which it will be presented to the audience.
Alternative Presentation Programs
In addition to the offer from the Microsoft Office suite, there are other options for creating presentations:
- Google Docs. The app is fast and veryeasy to learn. To get started, all you need to do is sign up for Gmail, log in to your account and select the "Drive" menu, which, in addition to a text editor, also offers an excellent program for creating presentations. Unlike many other utilities, Google Docs works with different presentation formats, including PPT and PPTX, which Microsoft also supports. This allows you to easily edit presentations created in other programs. The presentation created by the user is stored on a special server of Google Corporation. Thus, you can access it from almost any computer that is connected to the World Wide Web.
- SlideRocket. This program is paid, but it also offers a free option using less volume per presentation. Unlike the previous service, it has a lot more additional features and various effects. Allows you to use different types of multimedia in your presentation and combine them in interesting ways
- Prezi. One of the most unusual and original programs for creating presentations. Unlike previous applications that use slides, in this version, all the information is sort of placed on one large sheet. Thanks to the zoom effect, various movements and flips, the virtual presentation window jumps from one element to another with amazing transitions. To date, this service is used by about 50 million people. In Europe, it is undoubtedly the most popular presentation software. It is used ingovernment agencies, large corporations and educational institutions of various types.
Whenever the question of what a presentation program is called comes to mind, Microsoft's well-known PowerPoint application comes to mind. Despite this, today there are other resources that perform this function. They allow you to quickly and efficiently create a presentation using different styles, effects and multimedia. You can use text, pictures, graphs, charts, videos, and more in your presentation.