Often in the life of a personal computer user, the question arises: how to reduce the size of a photo or any other picture? By the way, the term "file resolution" is meant by the size of the photo. Many people confuse these concepts.
Photos taken with cameras and modern smartphones often have such a resolution that it even creates inconvenience for the user. But, on the other hand, the gigantic volume of the photo demonstrates its quality. And this means that details and trifles are displayed in more detail on it, you can enlarge the picture and see what is on it in the distance. But why use a photo with a resolution of, for example, 5000 x 4000 px, if it is not necessary at all?
If the photo you have does not need to be enlarged, you have a slow Internet connection or a traffic provider, etc., then there is no point in using a photo with this resolution.
There are many ways to solve the problem of how to reduce the size of a photo: change it using standard operating system programs, using additional programs and, of course, online.
Let's consider reducing the size of a picture or photo on a computer using conventional programs.
The standard program that comes with every computer is called Paint. He is a graphic editor that everyone knows about. The advantages of this method are that the seemingly narrow-minded and weak "Paint" can quite cope with the task of reducing the size of the photo, and most importantly, you will not need to install anything.
Reducing the size of a photo in Paint
The process looks like this:
- Click on the file we are interested in and select "Open with Paint" from the menu that appears.
- In the program itself, in the upper left corner, click on "Functions" and select "Properties".
- In the window that appears, we ourselves can manually change the size of a photo or other image to a larger or smaller size. Also, we can immediately see how much the file will "weigh". Save and you're done - the problem of how to reduce the photo to the desired size is solved!
There is a huge list of photo resizer software that can be downloaded from the Internet. There is no point in examining all of them - they are approximately the same, with a difference only in cost and the presence of additional functions. We'll just talk about one.
Ways to reduce image sizes for advanced PC users
Consider a very popular free program called FastStone Image Viewer. So how can I reduce the size of a photo on a computer using it?
- Download it.
- Open our photo and, hovering over the left edge in the list for changes and editing files that appears, we will see the item "Quickly resize".
- Here we are shown the current image resolution and a list of resolutions that we can instantly use. And if we need to enter our own photo size that we personally need, we select the "Resize / DPI" function and enter the parameters manually.
- The program allows you to change the file size in pixels, print size and percentage. Click OK and save.
A word of advice: save the photo with a different name so you don't accidentally replace the existing one, because you may need the original.
Online photo services
If you are going to resize photos using online services, you will find a huge number of them. The difference in them is the same as in systems downloaded from the World Wide Web.
Let's start with a simple and very good website Pichold.ru:
- You just select your photo and change it as you wish by selecting: "automatically down" or "reduce twice", "… four times".
- Then click on "Reduce Image" and the file will be automatically downloaded to your computer.
The following service hasa lot of different functions that you will get acquainted with by going to this site. It is called ru.inettools.net. But we are interested in the item "Reduce and / or increase photo online":
- Click on "Select File".
- We transfer it, and we are automatically transferred to where we can increase or decrease the photo using a special slider, or by manually specifying the value we need in pixels or percentages.
- After doing these simple steps, we go to a page where we can evaluate the work done and download our image or picture, or we continue to change another file.
The site also has the ability to crop photos, but we will not examine this function in this article.
Reduce photo size easily with Croper.ru
The last Croper.ru/resize service for today is very simple and interesting, it can compete with large graphic editors.
It may seem a little obscure at first, but it's simple:
- Uploading the photo as we did before, point to the top menu "Operations", then - "Edit" and "Resize".
- You can reduce or enlarge the file using the slider or by specifying the size in pixels yourself. A nice feature of the site is that by changing the photo, we immediately see how it will look.
- At the end, click on the "Apply" button and save the file as ordinary images on the Internet - right-click on it and select "Save image as".
If you are just starting to learn how to work with graphic files on a computer, then the information in this article should be enough for your tasks. You have learned what programs exist that reduce the size of photos, and how to work with them. Using these programs and services, you will always be sure that you will solve your problems. And for now, this is all you need to know in order to reduce the size of a photo.