"Viber" today is one of the most popular and widespread instant messengers. Sometimes a situation arises that the sound of constantly incoming messages bothers or distracts a person from important matters. How to turn off notifications in Viber? The article presents three of the simplest and easiest ways to do this, and they will help you set the silent mode on both Android and iOS.
Method 1: how to turn off notifications in Viber in a group
- Open the dialog for the group you want.
- Press the button with three dots ("Menu").
- Next - to the item "Information".
- Search for the "Mute" option and click on the activation icon.
This is a very simple and convenient method, but it only works for group chat.
Method 2: how to turn off notifications in Viber
So that the sounds of this messenger do not bother you at all, you need to do a few simple steps.
- Open "Settings" of your phone.
- Go to the "App Notifications" menu item.
- Find the Viber application, click on it.
- In the menu that opens, you will see the "Block" item, you need to activate it.
Method 3: use the notification icon
- Press and hold the Viber icon in the notification bar for a few seconds.
- You will see an exclamation mark on the right, click on it.
- You will see the menu described in the previous section, where using the "Block" button you can turn off absolutely all notifications of this messenger.
How to change the sound
Many users do not know, but the standard sound of notifications in "Viber" can be changed. To do this:
- Go to the "Settings" menu, tap on the "App Notifications" sub-item, find Viber.
- Check the box next to "Use system sounds".
- Select the item "Notification sound" and from the list displayed on the screen, any melody you like.
The same method can also be used to change the ringtone.