"Telegram" is one of the most convenient and fastest instant messengers. But in fact, of all messengers, a person chooses the one that most of his friends use. If there is no one in the Telegram, why is there an account there then? In this article, we'll look at how to delete a Telegram account on your phone and computer.
Consequences of deactivation
If you just installed the messenger and you didn't like it, you won't be interested in this item. But if you have been using it for a while, keep in mind that deleting (deactivating) your Telegram account means deleting all personal data, correspondence and media files that you or you have been thrown. The messenger does not provide the ability to restore or rollback the process. Check the messages for important information before wondering how to delete your Telegram account. If you are sure, proceed.
Instructions on how to delete a Telegram account on a computer and on a phone (for all operating systems) are the same:
- launch your browser;
- go to the official website of "Telegram";
- add after the slash (sign /) "deactivate";
- press Enter;
- in the form that appears, enter the phone number associated with your account;
- open the program through the application, on a PC or in the online version, messenger - you will receive a message with a password;
- enter or copy and paste it from the message into the form on the site;
- click Sign in;
- you will go to your account's administrative settings, scroll to Deactivate account and click on it;
- in the form that appears, if you wish, in the empty field, you can describe the reason for your departure;
- confirm the action.
Done! The account has been deleted from all devices through which the input was made, and no longer exists on the central Telegram server.
If you do not use the messenger for 6 months (in general, not only do not send messages, but do not even enter it and do not show any other activity), it will automatically delete itself. This is an alternative way to delete a Telegram account on a computer and on a phone.
6 months is the default setting. To change this period, do the following:
- runclient application on a smartphone or a program on a computer;
- go to the Settings section;
- scroll to the Privacy and Security section, go to it;
- find the item Account self-destructs ("Self-destruction of the account");
- change the parameter value (available: 1 month, 3 months, six months or a year);
- save the change.
Done! If you do not use the messenger for the selected period, your account will self-destruct. Keep this in mind if you want to save data from Telegram, but use it less than once in a set period.
We remind you that since deleting a Telegram account and deleting Telegram itself from a device are different actions, you must first follow one of the instructions below.
Only after the account is deactivated, delete the messenger itself. Account deactivation does not depend on this, however, it is strongly recommended to clean your computer and smartphone from unused programs. In addition, it is also recommended to clean registry files from old programs on PC and residual files from applications on smartphones.