After selecting and purchasing an e-book, users want to know how to use the device. In this article, we will answer the question of how to upload a book to an e-book.
Find out in the instructions for your gadget or on the Internet what formats your book supports. The basic formats are txt, pdf, doc, fb2 and rtf and are usually read by any device of this type. If the format is not supported, the downloaded book will not open.
Method 1. Use a USB cable
This is a way to upload a book to PocketBook e-book from a computer. Also suitable for devices of any model and any manufacturer.
Benefit: Versatility because every book and every computer or laptop (and some smartphones too) has a USB connector.
The e-book comes with a USB cable. It is required to connect to a computer. Thanks to the drivers and cable, the e-book is perceived by the device as a flash drive. Open it and you will see folders: with music, pictures and documents. Follow these steps:
- find a folder named documents, books or similar;
- download the right book in the right format to your computer;
- copy or move the book file to the appropriate folder;
- click "Safely Remove Hardware";
- unplug cable.
Method 2. Use network libraries
Net libraries (ODPS directories) is another way to upload a book to an e-book. A relatively new technology is an electronic variation of libraries: online libraries, like regular ones, are located at addresses and have catalogs.
Benefit: Convenient search (thanks to directories).
You can only use ODPS through applications that support them. Some e-readers, such as ONYX, have built-in applications. For others, they need to be uploaded (for example, via a computer).
Net Library Applications:
- FBReader and several others.
To access ODPS directories, you need Internet, so turn on Wi-Fi, then follow these steps:
- start the app.
- go to the menu (in OReader it opens with the button in the center).
- select "Open book".
- select "Net Libraries" from the list that appears. Some applications will already have multiple directories. If there are none, or if you want to add your catalog, select "Add catalog". In the window that opens, enter the address of the library in the appropriate field. The ODPS directory listings of most popular book reading services are publicly available on the Internet.
- select a directory or open an added one.
- search by genre, author or book title.
- select a book and click on it - the download will start automatically.
Method 3. Use a memory card
This method of how to download a book to an e-book (PocketBook, Kindle, Nook, etc.) is used if the device supports SD cards. The idea is the same as in the first method - copy or move the file to the memory of the book. The difference is that with USB the file was copied to the internal memory, and with SD - to the external.
Advantages: no USB cable needed, no drivers needed, it is possible to insert different memory cards into the device and read files from cards on different devices (for example, on a tablet or smartphone).
Disadvantage: computers (not laptops!) do not have a built-in microSD card reader.
To download, do the following:
- take out the SD card from the book (it is recommended to turn off the gadget first);
- insert the card into the appropriate slot;
- wait until the card appears in the device list;
- open map, select or create book folder;
- copy or move to folderpre-downloaded book file;
- take out the SD card from the laptop and put it in the e-book.
You can also move a file to a memory card using a USB cable - the SD (external memory) folder will be displayed next to the gadget's internal memory folder.
That's all, interesting reading!