Full-scale development is great for those who do not like to focus on one thing and prefer complex tasks. At the same time, the main advantage of being a Full Stack developer is the highest paid job in IT processes.
Interesting facts about the term FS
With the advent of the Internet and Google, information has become literally at people's fingertips. However, even today, not everyone knows and understands the meanings of many new words, especially when it comes to programming terms. One newfangled cryptic term used in the programming world is full stack development. While there are hundreds of articles explaining what a Full Stack developer is, it is still difficult to fully understand. Here are some facts:
- Full stack development starts June 3, 2008. Randy Schmidt, Managing Director of Burns & McDonnell Terminals, was the first to use the term Full Stack developer, described by Jason Tremblay, Jeffrey Grosenbach, and Tom Preston-Werner. They originally defined a developer as a person who deals with design, markup, style, behavior, and programming. Since then, many famous programmers have used the term "full-stack developer" and have given their own definition.
- Full stack development includes front-end knowledge. This is a person who works comfortably both in the interface and on the side of web development.
- There are 710 coding languages all over the world. The developer must know the languages that the stack will require.
- To master the concepts, you need to understand its technical foundations and complex framework. Regardless of a student's level of achievement, success in mastering one or more programming languages depends on the student.
- The term "web development" was popularized by Tim O'Reilly Dale Dougherty in late 2004.
- There are 19 types of coders. Probably many people only know third-party developers and full-stack developers.
- Today there are more than 23 million Full Stack web developers in the world, and by 2023year their number will reach 27.7 million. - Evan Data Group
- Web developer employment growth is expected to increase by 27% by 2024, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- These specialists are among the most sought after in recent years. Full stack wages are above his demand. Indeed, the report included the average salary of a Full Stack java developer, which averages $111,640 per year.
- Front-end and back-end development are two important skills in the tech industry, which means they both offer more career advantages.
Full Stack Development Definition
Full stack development refers to application development. This web development process includes all three presentation levels:
- Front end part, which deals with the user interface.
- Business Logic Layer that does data validation.
- Database levels. They take care of every step from the concept of an idea to the actual finished product.
Having specialized work on each of the various subsystems of the web development process is proving to be quite complex and costly. Companies need developers who can work with multiple stacks. They must have functional knowledge and the ability to work in all aspects related to the creation of the application and have experience:
- Creating and using APIs.
- Internal code entries in Ruby, Python / Java.
- Work with system infrastructure, including hardware and OS.
- Knowledge of devices network equipment and security areas.
- Understanding the process of creating and querying databases.
- Project management and client coordination.
Hence, a full stack developer can develop strategies for every part of the web development process. He accumulates this in-depth knowledge of the system over many years of experience in the field. It can be generalized that this is nothing more than an experienced specialist with high responsibilities. Such skills are not for everyone, and people with them are in demand in the industry.
Training of specialists
While experience makes a specialist in the field, there are various courses one can take to become a full stack developer. Companies are looking to attract web developers who are experts in all aspects of the web development process. They need specialists who can perform the functions of a database developer. From the experience of cooperation, it is known that a professional in a narrow field cannot always understand the overall picture of the entire system. When several experts work on the development process, it becomes complex and time-consuming to implement.
One of the problems could be coordination and strategy. Senior Full Stack net developer solves all these problems, here's whytoday they are most in demand in the personnel market.
There are 4 most popular full stack courses. For some though, these courses are just a few pieces of the puzzle. Even after learning these technologies, many do not understand how to apply this knowledge to solve the puzzle as a whole.
With the complete web development stack course you can gain experience in several technologies as well as learn how they work in sync with each other. These courses provide a smooth transition from a simple programmer to a developer.
Complete web development course
The Complete Stack Web Development course will show you how to lead a project from start to finish. Tutors will teach you how to work with various aspects of web development, including front-end, back-end, database, debugging, testing, version control and other important technologies. The stack will go through each of these segments in stages, and gain experience in each of them.
Courses cover both theoretical learning and practical application. Live projects provide experience as a full stack developer. Here are some of the most common technologies it offers in each segment:
- Backend- Ruby on Rails, PHP, Angular2, Node.js, for Full Stack php developer.
- Database - MySQL, MongoDB, CouchDB.
- Debugging / version control - GIT, Grunt, Xdebug, Subversion.
So basically these courses start withthat the cadet gains fundamental knowledge about the development of the front end of an IT project. He will learn how to use HTML5, CSS3 to create simple applications. He will then continue to explore the advanced concepts needed to create interactive and flexible models.
With knowledge of popular backend technologies such as Node.js and Ruby on Rails, he will become a master at developing and coding complex server applications. And also learns how to use a relational database effectively and how to secure and tune server and host applications.
The programmer will learn how to implement a number of advanced features such as email notifications, user authentication and more. Working with servers, integrating with the database and troubleshooting development issues will become a major part of his specialization.
Mobile Application Development Course
As smartphone usage doubles in the next three years, demand for Android and iOS mobile app developers is on the rise. If the applicant has a fundamental knowledge of programming languages, then a full course in mobile application development with a glass can prepare him for a bright career in this field.
This course covers everything from the basics to variables, math, loops, OOP concepts, collections, multiprocessing, the database, and more. The cadet will gain experience in developing games and applications for social networks. He learns howuse the Cordova application framework to create mobile versions that target multiple platforms with a single code base and how to access the simulation of new mobile device capabilities.
He will be taught by Bootstrap and Angular JS. He will be able to use these skills to become an expert in using the Ionic framework. He will learn how to use the Ionic framework to create elegant interfaces and implement client and server logic. Will know how to write multi-server layered code to create hybrid mobile applications.
If a programmer wants to switch to mobile development, these courses will allow him to learn the entire life cycle from conceptualization, prototyping development to the final launch.
Building full-stack web applications
Full stack web application development courses are for people who want to become an expert in web application development. This course will introduce everyone to every layer of software technology, including database technology, web server environment, network protocols, and user interface. Learn all the core concepts you need to develop, test, and deploy a full-stack web application from start to finish.
Complete Digital Marketing Course
Whether a programmer is a business owner looking to increase traffic to their website or an aspiring digital marketer, this course will help them master strategic marketing concepts and understand the tools needed to create a brand image in the digital world. Here he learns about various aspects of digital marketing, including search engine optimization, email marketing, Facebook marketing, Twitter, Youtube, copywriting, WordPress, Google Analytics and Adwords.
He will learn how to strategize and use these techniques to increase traffic, generate leads and grow any type of business. Many beginners ask: “What is the best language to learn?” or "Which database should I use?", but it really doesn't matter which one is chosen first. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, the initial choice will not matter much. By examining the whole stack, the programmer will have the necessary context to explore alternative technologies for each part of the stack.
Developer technical skills
If a programmer decides to focus on developmentfull-stack, he must first understand whether he has the necessary personal qualities to cope with this difficult job. Requirements for this job:
- Analytical mind.
- Love for learning.
- Attention to detail.
- Having Creative Vision.
You don't need to become a master in every technology, you need to concentrate on the main thing:
- HTML and CSS are two of the basics that come at the very beginning of any programming course, because HTML allows you to add content to a web page, and CSS helps you style it.
- Semantic HTML.
- Exploring the CSS Box model so that programmers can know its principles and features.
- CSS preprocessors - their benefits for software development.
Applying work experience
The important point here is that when doing a project, you need to choose one language and focus on it. In other words, you need to know in detail how it works and what exactly can be done. A complete understanding of the project is what an employer needs.
- Introducing NoSQL databases and situations when choosing a certain one.
- Features of relational data.
- Understanding how to link the database and the selected language.
- Web storage.
- Exploring fundamental questions about REST.
- Designing a RESTful API.
- Using Chrome DevTools.
- Knowing the application architecture is critical when a developer is focusing on a complex project. You need to know how to organize code and data, where to store large files, how to separate certain files, and more.
- Collecting platform information.
- Working on app optimization.
- Learn codebases from large GitHub projects.
Git version control system
Git is the most famous version control system. When any changes are made, keep your finger on the app remote constantly: get the latest data and update it, make the necessary corrections, etc.
Learning the full list of Git commands is what makes success for full-stack developers. There are many areas of IT, it is almost impossible to cover everything, you need to choose the main thing, take into account the latest updates in tools and technologies. Here are some resources to help you:
- Mozilla Developer Network.
- MySQL documentation.
- W3Schools Tutorials.
- Hypertext preprocessor.
- Online online learning.
No theoretical knowledge can replace common practice. Being part of a complex project, the developer, only by practice, will be able to work with all aspects of the product and learn more about the application architecture. A Senior Full Stack Developer must keep track of their knowledge to keep up with technological advances. At the very beginning, it is useful to know some of the negative points that he will inevitably encounter. Any tricks that become known should be recorded in a personal planner.
Recommendations for creating your own MVP
MVP is a new term for the skill level of a Full Stack developer, translated literally means "minimum viable skill".
For web software, define the underlying stack as follows:
- One general purpose programming language (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.).
- One relational database system (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.).
- One web server (nginx, Apache, etc.).
- One operating system deployment (Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD, etc.).
- One version control system (git, etc.).
If a developer chooses just one technology for each part of the stack, he can create a lot of useful software at will. This will make it valuable for any business and will enable you to create your own software.
Learning is an ongoing process for the developer. The best of them learnconstantly, read books and blogs, listen to podcasts and watch screencasts. Practice is the best learning. When even a simple software system is created, the student programmer solves many more problems than when he passively learns educational content. He develops the basic skills needed to succeed as a developer - reading documentation, reporting grokking errors, and learning the power of available tools. In the end, he will have his own system in which he can demonstrate himself to the business as a specialist.
Exploring each part of the stack allows you to explore new parameters of the IT system. If one general-purpose language is known, the second one can be easily learned. The third and fourth languages will seem like just pieces of the pie. Knowledge of several general-purpose languages only simplifies the study of the database system. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that if a user knows three languages, it will give them three times as many options to work with. It will compete with a pool of developers in each language separately.