Do you need to delete your profile on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One game console? Maybe you need to share your game console with a friend or family member, or you no longer need your old account because it's taking up storage space. In any case, you can destroy the account data without any problems. Let's figure out how to delete profiles on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
How to delete a profile
The Xbox 360 offers users the ability to use multiple profiles. Thanks to this, for the same game, you can save different levels of passage and features of the settings. This will be very convenient if guests often come to you and use your game console. Each account occupies a certain amount of disk space on the set-top box, so instructions on how to delete a profile from the Box 360 console will be useful to you.
Delete the profile on the "X Box 360":
- Go to "Settings", where we select the "System" section, andthen Memory.
- If you are not using an external storage device, then select "Hard Disk". For those who use external storage on the game console, you need to select the item "With all devices".
- Mark the profile we want to get rid of and click delete.
- If you want to keep the saved games and achievements in them, then select "Delete profile only". To delete an account with all saved games and achievements, go to the "Delete profile and all items" item.
How to delete an account on Xbox One
After learning how to delete a profile on Xbox 360, let's take a look at how to clear your memory on Xbox One. To delete an account on this console, follow these steps:
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
- Find the gear icon and go to settings.
- Go to the section on accounts and deleting them.
- Select the profile we want to remove from the console.
- Confirm deletion.
- When the process is completed, close the settings.