We all want our photos to be better. Today we will add sun rays to the photo. It should be said right away that there is nothing complicated in this. The process of changing the photo itself will last from 10 to 20 minutes. The method outlined in this article is more suitable for beginners. But sometimes even experienced users can benefit from this kind of information.
To add sun rays to an image, you only need Photoshop and, accordingly, the image itself. The version of this graphic editor is not so important. Since the necessary set of tools is present everywhere. It is recommended to use high-quality pictures with high resolution. But this is optional.
In this tutorial, the sun rays are added in Photoshop using the gradient tool. To quickly select this tool, you can use the hot key G.
- First of all, we add the image to the graphics editor. You can simply transfer the snapshot to the program or press the key combination Ctrl + O, and from thereselect the desired file.
- Add a new layer. You can use the key combination Ctrl + Shift + N. Or open the "Layers" tab in the toolbar and select the "new" item, where the "Layer" button is located.
- Select the gradient tool. If you use the G hotkey, you can select another medium (fill). In this case, right-click on this tool in the control panel. And manually select the desired remedy.
- At the top, in the gradient options panel, you must select the type "angular" or "cone-shaped" (in some versions, the translation is different). Next, you need to click on the shades of the colors used (to the left of the choice of the type of gradient).
- Set the following values: gradient - noise; smoothness - 100%. Check the boxes next to "Limit Colors" and "Enable Transparency". In the color picker, change the position of the sliders to get a light shade.
- On the layer that was created in the second step, use the gradient tool. To do this, drag the cursor from the very top to the bottom (with the left mouse button pressed). The result should be very bright sunbeams.
- To get rid of excess light, you need to lower the "opacity" parameter in the layers panel. Set it to about 50%. In the layer's blend options, select "Overlay".
- If it seems to you that there are too few rays, then repeat the instruction, starting from step 3.
- If there are too many rays, then reduce the "opacity" parameter.
Additional information. It cannot be said that thisperfect, and fully emulates the sun's rays. Photoshop in this case allows you to improve this instruction by adding various filters. Try assigning new values and using new parameters. And then your effect will look more realistic.
Even the most inexperienced Photoshop user will be able to add sunburst to their image using the instructions provided. In addition, you can even get an animated picture if you duplicate the layer with the display of rays. But this is a topic for another article.