Internet browsers are familiar to almost every modern user. With the help of these programs, people can surf the Web. Utilities help to relax, develop, learn, communicate. But from time to time, browsers require additional configuration and even rollback of parameters. Today we will be interested in resetting Firefox. This Internet browser is very popular. And therefore, consider the process of rolling back or completely erasing settings in the appropriate utility.
Ways to solve the problem
Reset Firefox can be done in different ways. For now, users can choose how they want to act.
Here are the possible hands:
- complete removal and reinstallation of the browser;
- using the built-in program settings;
- mozilla rollback and restore settings from backup.
All these tricks work flawlessly. But what to choose? Below are detailed instructions for implementing each technique. After them, users will be able to choose the maximuma comfortable scenario for them.
Resetting Mozilla Firefox is sometimes done by deleting the browser and then reinstalling it. Typically, this technique occurs when you want to immediately get rid of all the information and settings stored in the browser. In addition, this scenario is ideal for critical application failures.
To bring the idea to life, you can act as follows:
- Log in to the Add/Remove Programs service. It can be found in the "Start", in the "Control Panel".
- Wait until a list of all initialized content appears on the screen.
- Find Mozilla Firefox in the list, and then right-click on the appropriate section. The line will be highlighted, after which a small function menu will appear on the screen.
- Select the "Delete" option in the list that appears.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. It is advisable during uninstallation to check the box "Reset all settings" or select "Complete removal".
- Find the installation file "Mozilla" and run it. It is recommended to download the latest version of the corresponding software from the browser's official page.
- Complete the installation by following the prompts in the window that appears.
As a rule, the operation will take only a few minutes. After the actions taken, a completefirefox reset. You can start the browser with settings from scratch. All passwords, logins and bookmarks will be lost.
Make a backup
Now let's look at more familiar methods for solving the problem. Reset Firefox settings can be done using the built-in settings. Namely - restoration from a backup copy. You will have to prepare for such an event.
How exactly? First you need to create a copy of Mozilla for recovery. This is done approximately like this:
- Open the main menu of the Internet browser. The control button is located in the upper right corner of the application.
- Enter the Library.
- Open the "Bookmarks" tab and click on the "View all" line.
- Click the "Import and Backup" button.
- Press the line "Backup".
- Follow the instructions on the computer display.
In just a few minutes, the user will be able to prepare a package of settings to reset Firefox. It's not that hard. The main thing is to remember where the user saved the corresponding document.
Instructions for rolling back
Resetting settings in Mozilla Firefox can be done, as already mentioned, by rolling back the browser. This is a fairly common scenario.
To reset Firefox and roll back the browser at the same time, you will need:
- Open Internet browser settings.
- Find the "View all bookmarks" option in the menu that appears and click on the corresponding line.
- Go to the "Import and…" section.
- Hover over the line "Restore from backup".
- Select a recovery date or a file prepared according to the previously proposed algorithm.
- Confirm the operation.
The browser will restart after a while. Firefox settings reset successfully. There should be no problems with the implementation of the task.
Now it's time to consider the last deal. We are talking about resetting Mozilla Firefox settings using the built-in browser settings.
How to proceed? An instruction of this type will help to cope with the implementation of the task:
- Enter the main functional menu of the Internet browser.
- Select "Help".
- Look into the "Problem Solving Information" block.
- In the upper right corner, click on the inscription "Clear …". It is located in the "Settings" block.
- Click the Refresh Firefox control to confirm the procedure.
After the operation is completed, press the "Finish" button.
History and cookies
Resetting Firefox can be done partially. For example, you can get rid of cookies, cache and browser history.
The algorithm of actions in this case will be as follows:
- Go to "Library" and open "History".
- Click on the "Clear" button.
- Check off the items that characterize the data being erased.
- Select "OK" option.