Wi-Fi is the favorite network of all gadget owners. High-speed, hassle-free connection, allowing distribution to several devices at once. And an iPhone in relation to it can do a good job - turn into a router, remind a forgotten password, or even guess an unknown one. This smartphone can also be easily synchronized via Wi-Fi with a computer. How to do all this? We will talk about this later.
How to share WiFi from iPhone?
Turn your iOS gadget into a Wi-Fi router in minutes. To do this, you must have a mobile Internet connection on your smartphone with an optimal unlimited tariff plan. Suitable speed for distributing WiFi from iPhone - LTE, 3G. Be careful, working with a router will greatly affect battery consumption.
So, how to distribute WiFi from iPhone:
- Go to Settings.
- Then "Cellular" - "Cellular data", opposite this item, make the slider active.
- "Tethering Mode" will immediately change on this screen (from gray to black) as soon asthe device will connect to the internet. Tap on it.
- Click on "Wi-Fi Password". In the appropriate box, enter an eight-digit password from numbers or upper and lowercase Latin letters. You do not need to memorize it - you can always see the combination of characters in the "Modem Mode".
- After the password is set, move the slider opposite "Modem mode" to the active position.
- You can connect other devices to your smartphone router. During the entire distribution, a blue bar will be lit at the top of the screen, indicating the number of connections.
Learning how to distribute WiFi from iPhone, you are convinced that this is not a difficult process at all.
Sync iPhone to PC via Wi-Fi
Before starting synchronization, make sure of the following:
- iPhone OS version not lower than 5.
- At least iTunes version 10.6 is installed on the PC.
- Both the computer and the gadget are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- You have a USB cable for iPhone.
How to sync iPhone with computer via WiFi:
- Open iTunes on PC.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer via a USB cable.
- After waiting for the PC to see the iPhone, click on the "phone" icon in the upper left corner of the iTunes window and select the device you want to sync.
- Find the "Overview" tab and check the box next to "Sync over Wi-Fi". Click"Apply".
- Next to the name of the iPhone in this window, click on the up arrow. This allows you to safely disconnect your device.
- Remove the cable from the PC and gadget - now it is not needed for synchronization.
But keep the following facts in mind:
- The process of transferring data (synchronization) via cable is faster than via wireless networks.
- Using Wi-Fi, you can start synchronization with only one computer.
- The phone does not need to be connected to a power source during the process, as iTunes advises.
Now you will see that syncing iPhone and PC is as easy as sharing WiFi from iPhone:
- Connect your smartphone to Wi-Fi.
- Go to "Settings", select "General".
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and you will notice "Sync with iTunes over Wi-Fi".
- To start, you need to click "Synchronize now".
- When the process starts, an icon will appear in the top bar of the screen - two circular arrows.
How to find out WiFi password from iPhone?
Let's imagine a situation: your iPhone has already connected to this Wi-Fi network and is automatically connected to it now. However, you urgently need to find out the password to connect another device - you forgot / lost its combination of characters. The iPhone is not your assistant in this - on the gadget, the password is encrypted with a series of dots. What cantake:
- Easiest if you've set up Keychain Access and want to connect your Mac. iCloud Keychain will allow your computer to log into the network automatically if it works under the same account as the smartphone. However, before that, the Mac must be synchronized with the smartphone in order to "know" the password information - you already know how to synchronize and how to briefly turn the gadget for the computer into a router.
- Let's say the situation is as follows: there is a "Mac", iPhone, "Keychain Access" is configured, and you need to find out the password for a third-party device. In this case, go to iCloud Keychain on your computer. Go to the iCloud tab and sort the data by "Type". Find the "AirPort Network Password", select the desired network, RMB open the menu with "Properties". Then check the "Show password" box. You will only see what you are looking for by entering the administrator's full name and secret code.
- Without "Mac" and "Keychain Access", the WiFiPasswords List application can help you. However, it only works for gadgets that have been jailbroken (hacking the firmware, in other words).
- You can also download cracking apps at your own risk, which, according to their developers, are able to crack the password from any Wi-Fi point: iWep pro, Aircrack, NetworkList (only for the network you logged in earlier).
Thus, an iPhone can not only be a router, but also help to find out a forgotten orunknown wifi password. In addition, he uses the network for his own purposes, incl. and for data synchronization.