A prerequisite for creating a page in the most popular social network among Russians, VKontakte, is linking an account to a real mobile number. This measure was invented by the site administration for a reason. Firstly, linking the page allows you to reduce the number of fake profiles, of which there are quite a lot, and secondly, if the user forgets the password from the VKontakte website, then it will be much more convenient to restore it using SMS messages. The measure, it would seem, is quite justified. However, users no, no, yes, the question arises: “How can VKontakte untie a page from a number, and is it possible at all?”
What is important to remember?
- The same mobile phone number cannot be linked to two or more pages.
- If a VKontakte profile is already registered to your number, then even changing it to another one, you will no longer be able to use the first one to link to another page.
- Deleting/changing a mobile number is possible only if one is available.
- In the process of changing the number, both phones must be turned on andactive.
How can Vkontakte untie a page from a number?
So, let's start with the fact that if you do not want to attach a profile to a phone number, you should understand that this is not possible. That is, you can only change the current mobile phone to a new one. What is it for? The site administration is sure that in this way it protects our accounts on the social network. How can VKontakte untie a page from a number?
- In order to get to the section where you can change your data, you need to go to the VKontakte website under your credentials (enter your login - mail, mobile number or nickname and password).
- Once you are on your page, go to the "My Settings" section.
- Next, select the first tab in the horizontal menu at the top of the page and find the sub-item "Your phone number".
- Press the "Change phone number" button.
- In the window that opens, enter a new number in the format +7 (then 10 digits).
- After that, expect SMS messages with digital codes. They will be sent to each of the numbers (current and new). You need to enter them on the site to confirm.
How to unlink a number from the VKontakte page if it doesn't already exist?
In this case, you have two options:
- use the password recovery form (on the main page of the site, click the "forgot password" button);
- contact the technical support of the social network (in the message, be sure to indicate that youwant to unlink the number from the VK page, but it no longer exists).
In the first case, during the data recovery process, indicate that you do not have access to a mobile number. After checking all the basic data, the site system will prompt you to enter a new phone number. If you turned to social network specialists for help, then be prepared that your appeal will not be considered immediately (the estimated response time will be indicated immediately after you compose and send your message).
In this article, we told you how to untie a page from a number on VKontakte. This information will help you in this matter.