Today, in the days when the Internet rules the world, the information security of your computer is especially important. Any seemingly harmless Internet resource can become a source of external threats, for example, due to materials downloaded from it. Malicious software can also get into a computer from a disk, memory card, and other portable media.
Virus and antivirus - what is it?
The first external threat that 99% of users immediately remember is a virus. It is a computer utility that programmers create, for example, to harm PC software, steal passwords, damage documents, send spam. Viruses significantly clog the system, slowing down the computer and even completely blocking the ability to work on it.
And here an antivirus came to the aid of a person in the fight against viruses, which must be installed on every computer and even a mobile device with the ability to access the Internet. In addition, in case of distrust of the data installed on the computeranti-virus software, the user can download various appropriate programs from the developers' websites and run them in order to search for malicious files. One such program is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which has received extremely positive user reviews.
Purpose and functions of the anti-virus program
As already mentioned, the main task of such software is to help the user find malicious objects on his computer and eliminate them. One of the features is that it can be used in combination with any antivirus that is installed on your computer, which not every such program can boast of, which is blocked by the main antivirus, which sees it as malicious. In addition, the main functionality of the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware includes a wide range of features. Note the main ones:
- functions in Windows OS;
- quick and detailed scan of all computer disks;
- getting and installing daily anti-virus database updates;
- moving files to quarantine and restoring them if necessary;
- creating a list of ignored resources and files for protection and scanning modules;
- flexible setting that allows you to make the program work faster;
- integration into the system of useful utilities that enable manual removal of malware;
- starting a quick scan from the PC command line;
- integrationprograms to the OS context menu, which makes it possible to scan any individual file.
These are the main features of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Reviews of the functionality of the program indicate that this is the largest set among all that are placed on top of the main antivirus. In addition, the practical experience of users shows that it is able to find and neutralize those malicious files that, even if they are detected by other programs, treatment and removal are impossible in practice.
To try out Malwarebytes Anti-Malware yourself, follow these steps.
- Download antivirus installation file.
- Close all applications and windows running on the system.
- Double-click to open the mbam-setup.exe file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
- During the last stage, allow the program to update, then it will start automatically after installation. Check the appropriate checkboxes (if there are currently available updates, they will be downloaded and installed).
- After starting, open the tab called "Scanner" and click the "Check" button (you should be patient, as the scanning process sometimes takes a long time).
- When the scan is completed, click on the "Show results" button, and a test report will appear on the screen.
- Press the "Delete selected" button. After the work is completed, a file with a description will open.actions that were performed by the antivirus.
Those who read the description may find it difficult to work with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Feedback from experienced users refutes all the fears of beginners: the interface is intuitive, and no particular problems were noticed during installation and scanning.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro - Paid antivirus software
Like any program, this antivirus can be used both on a paid and free basis. Now an annual subscription to it costs more than 900 rubles, and the developers guarantee maximum protection for your computer from any malicious objects. However, if you dig deeper into information about Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, the feedback from those who have purchased a subscription will most likely make you abandon the idea of \u200b\u200bpurchasing the program. In fact, it turns out that the paid version is practically no different from the one that can be downloaded in the public domain. However, the developers themselves recommend that if the antivirus is the main protection for the PC, purchase a paid version. In the case of scanning, you can get by for free. However, the purchase decision is yours alone.
If you select this antivirus as the main one and purchase it, the developers provide a licensed version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, a key that gives you the right to use it for a year and an identifier consisting of Latin letters and numbers that will need to be entered in special fields to activate the subscription and the full functioning of the software.
Fully Russified antivirus
No matter how strange it may sound, but the program that is the subject of our consideration is one of the few that are written in our native language. This fact has earned extra approval from users who are tired of eternal digging in the interface written in a language they do not understand, and every minute driving unfamiliar phrases and terms into online translators. Released for users of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in Russian, it helped to solve all these problems, which made working with the program even more attractive than before.
A few words about internal security
Despite the fact that the use of antiviruses is more likely associated with external threats, it is important for the stable operation of a PC to be able to withstand internal dangers as well. Therefore it is worth:
- Store system information and personal information separately (it is better to store the latter on logical drives where there is no Windows folder, that is, the OS is not installed), sort it for easy orientation.
- Create copies of photos and important data on removable media, which will help to avoid significant losses in case of a PC malfunction.
- Install applications on the system drive and remove unused applications to unload the system.
- Purge the system of all unnecessary "garbage", and in case of problems or lack of experience, contact professionals.
These simple ruleswill allow you to avoid unnecessary problems. Otherwise, even such a powerful program as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will not help. Reviews of real people will seem like paid advertising comments (after all, the program didn’t help you), important data will be lost, problems will appear at work, and the mood will be hopelessly spoiled. Therefore, you should think about the security of your computer, not only in case of problems, but also when everything seems to be fine.