The modern way of life requires incredible mobility and speed of action. Today, a laptop becomes our indispensable assistant. An Internet connection in tandem with an electronic device makes a person feel almost omnipotent. However, there is another side of the coin here - a person becomes dependent on electronic technology. And this is an obvious fact!
Technique in the hands of a savage…
If at the most crucial moment the laptop fails, some buttons do not work or the battery runs out, then such a turn of events can lead to the development of a completely unrosy scenario. Especially if you consider the moment of the ongoing online transaction or bank transfer transaction.
Careless hand movement - and you watch with horror as coffee from a cup spilled onto the keyboard of your favorite laptop. Subsequent resuscitation actions will not lead to anything significant. The all-pervading liquid would still prove its destructive power. After some time, you will be convinced by turning on the unit that the buttons on the laptop do not work. You may not want coffee for a long time after this…
In the two cases described above, the laptop, of course,not guilty. Our human arrogance, some fussiness and, of course, extreme inattention are to blame for everything. Of course, technology is designed, first of all, to help people and facilitate some processes. Therefore, the purpose of this article is to help you properly respond to unexpected manifestations of "user fate". After all, he who has knowledge is armed!
What to do and where to run?
According to the laws of physics, a liquid inside a working electronic device can completely disable the entire laptop or individual hardware parts of the device. In our case, the affected element was the keyboard. Since the laptop keyboard module is attached to the case with some structural elements of the laptop and connected to the motherboard using a short cable, the process of dismantling the damaged part on your own can have a deplorable effect on the cost of further repairs. Therefore, the very first thing that the owner of the electronic assistant should do when liquid gets inside the computer is to disconnect the battery and contact the service shop.
Important and useful tips
1. Your laptop keyboard buttons and touchpad don't work, and you need to finish an important task? Moreover, the work done is on the hard drive of the laptop, and you have already lost all hope for a favorable outcome? There is an alternative method to control the input device through the laptop interface.
A standard USB keyboard plugged into a laptop will definitely help resolve the situation.
2. If the keyboard does not respond to key presses, check that none of the device's buttons are stuck or damaged.
3. If the buttons on your laptop do not work, most likely the system requires certain drivers, since some service keys only function after installing specialized drivers. Usually these are the laptop's function keys: brightness, volume controls, navigation buttons, etc.
4. Very often, the reason that the buttons on the laptop do not work is the operating system itself. Reinstalling the OS is a viable solution to verify if a software glitch is the source of the problem.
5. In some cases, a burned-out microcontroller may be the culprit for the incapacity of the keys. In such a situation, a visit to the service center cannot be avoided, since the laborious process of replacing a part requires specialized knowledge and experience in installing a damaged element.
If the above guide did not help, and the buttons on the laptop still do not work, do not try to disassemble the unit yourself and use the "poke" method. Manipulation by inexperienced hands can lead to quite serious problems. It is better to turn to professionals. Very often, the elimination of this malfunction costs the owner of a laptop a penny. Don't stand beforetime to get upset and put your beloved computer at risk of being destroyed by yourself!