Although the Java programming language is being replaced by newer and more advanced languages, it still remains relevant today. But in order for all elements that require the corresponding installed software on the computer to work correctly, you need to monitor the release of new versions. This article will tell you how to update Java on Windows 7, but it’s worth saying right away that the instruction will be general (not only for the seventh, but also for other versions of the operating system).
Update Java on your computer
Often, if you already have Java installed, the system automatically notifies you of a new version of this software and offers to upgrade. But if for some reason this does not happen, there are two ways to update Java manually. It is about them that we will now discuss.
Method 1: Java official website
Undoubtedlyto update the version of "Java", you need to look for it on official sources, otherwise there is a high risk of introducing viruses into the operating system. So, the search must begin on the official website of this product.
- Open your browser and go to the official Java website.
- On the main page, click on the red "Download Java Free" button.
- Now agree to accept all license terms to start downloading the installer.
- After downloading the installer file to your computer, go to the folder with it and double-click on the icon.
- In the opened installer, at the first stage you need to click the "Install" button. Please note that it is possible to select a directory for installation. To do this, check the box next to "Change destination folder".
- If you checked the box, you will be prompted to specify the path to the destination folder. Click the "Change" button and in the "Explorer" window that appears, select the desired folder, then click "Select".
- The installation process of all software files will start. All you have to do is wait for it to complete.
- During the process, if there are other versions of the product on the computer, the installer will offer to remove them. Check all the items in the corresponding list and click the "Install" button.
- Wait for a window to appear notifying you that the installation is complete. In it you need to press the button"Close".
This was the first way to update "Java" on the computer. If you encounter difficulties during the instructions, then try using the second method.
Method 2: Java Control Panel
It's worth saying right away that you can use this method only if you already have the application installed on your computer. So, let's go directly to how to update Java with the second method:
- Open the "Control Panel". This can be done through the "Start" menu by clicking on the button of the same name.
- Select "Java" from the list of all items.
- In the new "Java Control Panel" window, open the "Update" tab, check "Check for Updates Automatically" to check for future updates automatically, and click the "Update Now" button. Please note that this button is only active if your software version is out of date.
- Wait for the update process to finish.
Now you know two ways to update Java on PC. As you can see, both methods differ in many ways from each other, but despite this, in the end they give the same result.