After some time after installing any application on a computer, it may become useless. Accordingly, in order to free disk space from the software, it must be removed. This article will show you how to completely remove BlueStacks from your computer. At the same time, it is worth noting that the guide includes not only the basic steps of uninstallation, but also cleaning the registry.
How to completely remove BlueStacks from your computer
The entire instruction will be divided into steps to make it easier for the user to navigate the steps. Are you wondering how to remove BlueStacks from your computer if it is not removed? It means that before that you performed the actions incorrectly. Most likely, the user tried to put just a folder with the program in the trash. This is fundamentally wrong.
Step 1: Delete the app
The first step is touninstall the application itself. In other words, delete all the core files that were placed on the system during installation. The easiest way to do this is with a special Windows utility called Programs and Features. It is located in the "Control Panel", so let's see how to launch it.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click the All Programs button if you are using Windows 7, or select the All Apps option in Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- From the tree of all folders select "Standard".
- In the list, launch the desired item - "Control Panel".
The required menu will appear on the screen, in which the "Programs and Features" utility is located. If you can't find it, then your PC is configured to display by category. To change this setting, in the upper right corner, click on the "View" drop-down list and select "Large Icons". Find "Programs and Features" in the list and launch them.
- A window will open with a list of all applications installed on the computer.
- Find the name of the program you need to uninstall, that is, BlueStacks.
- Hover over it and press the right mouse button.
- In the context menu, select the "Delete" option.
Once you complete these steps, the uninstaller window will appear. It will clarify whether you wantremove all program files from the computer. Accordingly, click "Yes". A second window will appear asking you to save the program data. Opt out by clicking "No".
Step 2: cleaning up the system of residual files
Continuing the instructions on how to completely remove BlueStacks from your computer, we proceed to the second step, which involves cleaning up residual files on the disk. To do this, you will need to follow a simple instruction.
- Start the File Explorer "Explorer". To do this, just double-click on the shortcut "My Computer".
- Enter the name of the program, i.e. BlueStacks, in the search field at the top right.
- Wait for the hard disk search to complete. This process may take longer if you have a large drive.
- The search results will display all files that are associated with the BlueStacks emulator. They need to be deleted, so highlight and press the Delete button.
After that, the residual files in the system will be deleted. Don't forget to also empty your trash after that.
Step 3: Registry cleaning
Here we come to the final part of the instructions on how to completely remove BlueStacks from your computer. All that remains to be done is to clean the registry of emulator entries. This is done like this:
- Start the system registry window. To do this, press Win+R, type regedit and click OK.
- In a new window, you need to run a search forregister. To do this, press the Ctrl+F buttons.
- In the window that appears, in the "Find" field, enter the name of the program and click the "Find next" button.
- The registry element with the corresponding name will be found. It needs to be removed.
Immediately after that, you will need to start the search window again and repeat the operation until all emulator entries are deleted. Now you know how to completely remove BlueStacks from your computer.