When buying a laptop, expect that sooner or later you will run into some questions. Especially if before that you did not use them or worked only at a personal computer. Although the main base remains the same, the processes are different in details. For example, an avid PC user may be confused about how to change the brightness on a laptop. Other questions are possible.
This article will discuss how to remove the brightness on a laptop. All possible ways will be affected, so everyone will find the answer for themselves. A detailed instruction on the actions to be performed will not cause you unnecessary questions.
Progressive users are well aware of the usefulness, and in some cases the need for hotkeys. At a minimum, in this situation, this is the easiest answer to the question of how to turn off the brightness on a laptop of absolutely any model.
First of all, find the Fn key. It is located at the bottom left, next to the Win button. Remember, since the keyboard on laptops is oftensmaller than on a PC, and all the keys do not fit on it. In addition, there are additional functions on laptops, which is why the Fn key is needed. If you hold it down, some buttons change their purpose. Now you will understand everything with a good example.
So, you hold down Fn, now find the key on which the sun is drawn. There are always two of them side by side, to decrease and increase the brightness. Often they are placed on the top panel, where a row of numbers with the prefix F (F1, F2, F3 …) is installed. While holding Fn, press the sun icon and the brightness will increase or decrease, depending on which key you press.
Now you know how to turn off the brightness on your laptop.
Besides hotkeys, there is another answer to the question of how to turn off the brightness on a Windows 7 laptop - through the mobility center. Of course, this method works fine on other versions of Windows, but this method will be considered on the seventh.
So, we need to get to the Windows Mobility Center, the shortest way is through the indicator on the taskbar.
- In the lower right part, where the tray is, find the battery icon. Right-click on it and select "Windows Mobility Center" from the context menu.
- Now a window has appeared in front of you.
- In the leftmost column, called "Screen Brightness", you can change the value. Accordingly, if you move the slider to the right, the brightness will increase, and to the left, the brightness will decrease.
- After you have stopped at the desired mark, just close this window.
Now you also know the second answer to the question of how to turn off the screen brightness on a laptop. But that's not all, let's move on to the third.
Via power circuit
If you are not strong in operating systems and are afraid to harm it, then it is better to use this method only when the previous two did not help. So, let's move on to how to turn off the brightness on a laptop through the power supply scheme.
- First of all, you need to enter the control panel. This can be done in several ways, through the Start menu or through the search. If you have Windows 7, then click on "Start" and in the window on the right, find "Control Panel". If you have Windows 10 and you do not see the required line in the Start menu, then use a better search engine.
- Now that you're in the control panel, look for "System and Security".
- When you enter it, you should see "Power Options", enter it.
- There is a slider at the bottom of the current window that changes the brightness of the screen. Adjust this setting to your liking and click "Save Changes" so that all settings do not disappear after exiting.
Now you know how to turn off the brightness on a Windows 10 laptop. But as mentioned above, thisthis method works great for other versions as well.
Why doesn't the brightness change?
It also happens that you have done all the manipulations that were presented above, and your laptop still ignores attempts to reduce the brightness. Then there are two options: one is good, the other is bad. Now about everything in order.
It is very likely that your video card driver is simply outdated or missing, which often happens on new laptops. Therefore, you should visit the official website of the manufacturer. There, find the "Service" section and already in it find the driver for your laptop.
After downloading it, install following all the instructions that will be given during installation.
Well, now let's move on to the sad news. If updating the drivers did not help you, then most likely there is a breakdown inside the computer. It may well be that the matrix or cable is damaged. This problem can only be corrected by replacing the defective part.