Any of the users at least once thought about how to store their personal data and information. Of course, things like wedding photos or videos, you want to keep for a long time. However, how to do it?
Informatics defines that an external storage device is used for long-term storage of information, that is, all possible drives and media that you can imagine. As you understand, you can ensure the security and safety of data in different ways. Let's define what forms of information storage exist.
- Graphic/pictorial. The oldest method adapted for storing information. It appeared in prehistoric times in the form of rock paintings, passed the stage of painting and turned into the art of photography. In addition, information in graphical form appears in the form of drawings and diagrams.
- Text. The most common way to store data today. A variety of books and records, libraries. If we talk about reliability, then this method of storage is not only not protected from theft, but also short-lived. The best thingonly cookbooks that were originally printed on materials adapted to aggressive environments will survive.
- The next step after the invention of writing is mathematics, the numerical form of storing information. A rather highly specialized area, used to determine the quantitative characteristics of any object, the surrounding space.
- Sound recording. The ability to store sounds appeared only in 1877 with the invention of sound recording devices.
- Video information. The next step in the storage of graphic information, which appeared with the creation of cinema.
Information processes mean the search, storage, transfer, use and processing of information. The main and paramount business is the preservation of data. What difference does it make if we can receive or transmit information if we cannot store it?
The main information process is the process of storing information. It is a way of transmitting data in space and time. For long-term storage of information, a device or device is used, depending on the type of data stored. Information systems serve to ensure the orderliness of this process. Any such system is equipped with procedures for searching, placing and input/output of data. The main distinguishing feature of the information system is the presence of all these key procedures. For example, let's compare two libraries. The private library in your home in the closet is not an information system,because only you are guided in it. On the other hand, the city public library, where everything is organized by card index and there are standardized procedures for issuing and receiving books, is undoubtedly a system.
With the development of not even a computer, but the Internet, information systems are being modernized. The storage process has been simplified due to the possibility of its digitization. And despite the beliefs of some people that e-books or paintings do not carry a soul, this method of storing data is much more effective than others for long-term storage of information, and it includes all possible information, if only you can translate it into digital view.
For long-term storage of information is a personal computer and its external devices. They are divided into several types depending on the recording method.
- optical discs;
- hard drives;
- flash memory.
Optical discs come in a variety of capacities and are best suited for transferring and storing information. Hard drives are designed to store large amounts of data, but their reliability leaves much to be desired. And, of course, flash drives. They are the middle link between hard and optical drives, provide information storage in sufficient volumes and for a sufficiently long period, just do not wet them. In any case, the storage method is up to you.