At some point, the ergonomics and portability of a laptop become a disadvantage in the eyes of its owners. It is enough to imagine a situation when you need to upgrade the hardware of a compact device, and all the pluses of the “undeniable” advantages turn into one big problem “labor-consuming dismantling of the case”. Infrequently, but still an emerging need in the form of a question: “How to clean a laptop from dust without disassembling it?” - for many users, it seems completely unsolvable. But is it really so? Let's find out!
Difficulties in understanding service process
Only when catching known parasites, you need to hurry. And this is the key point in solving the problem of "how to clean your own laptop"! Let's not argue, the obvious accumulation of dust on the grille of the vent requires prompt intervention on the part of the user. But is blowing with the lungs or thoroughly brushing the outside of the air passage always a complete service? Maybe,Yes. But facts are stubborn things, and as practice shows, no! Behind the "visible" purity, critical grams of pollution can be hidden. Your own reassurance: "Dust is no longer dangerous" - in fact, it can lull your vigilance. Since the internal channels of the cooling system stuck with microparticles will still cause overheating of the hardware components of the laptop. Non-removable heat capacity, you know, is a dangerous thing!
How do I know when it's "H" time for laptop maintenance?
So, the appropriateness of the actions taken when resolving the situation “how to clean a laptop from dust without disassembling the device?” - this is primarily a carefully conducted monitoring of the working elements of the system.
- Go into the BIOS of your computer.
- Depending on the manufacturer of the underlying system, as well as its version, the section that displays temperature information is often called PC He alth Status.
- New UEFI firmware displays "degree" readings in the main BIOS window(s).
If you saw the current value of 60 degrees Celsius and above - it's time to clean the "patient". Annoying fan hum, statistical crackling and unreasonable “slowdown” of the OS are also unfavorable signs and a reason for your intervention. Of course, during the game you can feel the "hot potential" of your computer. However, this phenomenon may not always be cause for concern. It is possible that you are "stressing" the video card and the centralCPU. As you can see, the question: “How to clean a laptop from dust without disassembling it” can be anticipated!
Smart design from caring developers: easy disassembly
Let's deviate a little from the context of the main problem and still touch on the question: when is the disassembly process appropriate?
- Some manufacturers, foreseeing the accumulation of dust in the inside of the case, endow their portable devices with the miraculous property of "easy access to the cooling system."
- In such laptops, it is enough to unscrew a few screws fixing the protective cover, and - voila - the cooler and venkanals are easily accessible. Take and clean, blow off and wipe!
- This kind of hull design can be found in different manufacturers. Nevertheless, Toshiba products are the leaders in comfortable cleaning.
However, the question: “How to clean an Acer laptop?” is just as easy. Despite the fact that the process of disassembling devices of this brand is often incredibly difficult to implement. However, you can do without “creeps” inside with a screwdriver…
Internal cleaning of the laptop from dust pollution without "hacking" the case
Watching the service video for your specific laptop model is the first thing you need to do to make sure you can't easily access the cooling system. Then remove the battery and follow the simple recommendations, which in the end will be the practical answer to the question: “Howclean the laptop from dust without disassembling?”.
- Prepare: a can of compressed air (a household vacuum cleaner is unlikely to work), alcohol, microfiber, a brush and a little patience…
- Go out onto the landing or outside. A spacious and well-ventilated area is also appropriate for the following steps.
- Push the air from the can through one of the laptop's air vents with short presses.
- Dust deposits on the ventilation walls must first be destroyed. Therefore, "attack" every corner of the air intakes, trying to push the blown flows into each other. However, don't overdo it… there is a high risk of damaging the cooling fan blades.
- Methodically moving from the center to the edge of the laptop case (meaning towards the outlet of the air intakes), blow out the “crushed” dust until it disappears.
- Wipe a microfiber lightly dampened with alcohol on the areas of the ventilation grilles that are stuck with dirt. Brush help!
How to clean a laptop keyboard?
Acer or HP modification of a laptop, as well as a portable device from another company, may become unmanageable! And in the literal sense of the mentioned expression.
If sweat-fat traces are a boon for fingerprinting experts, then in the event of a critical accumulation of such a product of human vital activity, sticky keys simply cannot be avoided. Dust and grease will cause partial inoperabilitykeyboard.
- Using a brush (by the way, the pile should be of medium hardness), thoroughly clean the laptop control module.
- Pay special attention to the space between the keys. This is where you need alcohol!
- A drop of said substance between the buttons and a few hard presses will definitely give a positive result.
When self-cleaning can be dangerous: what to do?
In the case when dirt got under the body part of the buttons, the process of phased removal of each such element cannot be avoided. In this case, it is advisable to clean the laptop (the price of such a service is from 300-700 rubles, by the way, is not high) in a special service center or a workshop for repairing such electronics. As a rule, non-island buttons have a complex design, and when you remove them yourself, there is a high risk of breaking the latches and locking elements of the keys. However, for those who doubt their abilities, whose equipment is still under warranty, of course, it is better to turn to specialists. Agree - it will be a wise decision!
A few tips for edification
- Purchase a dedicated laptop vacuum cleaner.
- Do not use your portable device outdoors in high humidity, dust, or an environment that is considered unfavorable.
- Regularly clean the device thoroughly.
- Remember: the free access of air to the ventilation ducts of the laptop is the full operation of the cooling system. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden to use a laptop,when he is "drowning in the arms" of upholstered furniture or is in the "on his knees" mode for a long time.
Now, if you have a question: "How to clean an HP laptop?" - you know what steps you need to take to do this. After all, literally all portable electronics undergo, in general, the same “sanitary cleaning” process.
Especially savvy users, before using a high-pressure hose of an operating compressor unit, should think about how such cleaning can end. You may smile, but the result will be a forced movement of the internal components of the laptop. Cleanliness to you and long-term operation of your laptop!