In our article we will talk about a program for viewing files in DWG format. We will name this application and also describe it.
I would like to start by saying that.dwg files are created by AutoCAD. Typically, this format has drawings made in the above utility. Note that these files can also be viewed in AutoCAD. But there are situations when this application is not on your device. What to do then? What is another program for viewing DWG files? This utility is called Free DWG Viewer. It will be discussed in our article.
What is the program?
This is a free utility designed to view AutoCAD files. The program opens not only.dwg files, but also.dxf and.dwf files. The application interface is very simple. The program is distributed only in English. Suitable for all versions of the Windows operating system, starting with XP.
This application has great functionality. It has such usefultools like split layers, zoom, 3D zoom and more.
In addition to being suitable for viewing DWG files, it also allows you to save them in JPEG graphic format. Also in this application it is possible to print both entire drawings and its individual parts.
Thanks to the ActiveX component, the utility can function not only as a standalone program, but also as an add-on to browsers such as Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Key points in the application
Next, consider the main features of this software:
- Ability to view AutoCAD files.
- Presence of a large number of tools such as separation of layers, three-dimensional scaling and more.
- It is possible to work as an add-on to browsers.
- In the program, you can copy individual elements of the drawing.
- It is possible to view the attributes and layers of individual blocks.
- You can print drawings directly from this utility, as well as save them in JPEG format. The resulting files will be easier to view. For this, standard programs are used. These files can also be viewed on devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- It is possible to change the actual dimensions of drawing details.
App pros and cons
Before installing the.dwg file viewer,you need to consider its positive and negative sides.
The benefits of the utility include:
- High work efficiency.
- Quick download and installation.
- Small size, so the utility does not take up much space on your hard drive.
- Interface from the early 2000s.
- There is no ongoing technical support in case of problems with the program.
- Could have made a wider range of tools and features.
Now you know what program you need to view.dwg files if you are unable to enter the AutoCAD application. As it became clear from the information presented above, the utility is installed easily. Thanks to a simple interface, everyone will be able to understand the application and its functionality.